ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Red Turquoise Fry for Sale!!

Registered Member

Default Red Turquoise Fry for Sale!!

I have some Red Turquoise fry for sale.......there are about 30 of them. They are very healthy and eating everything. Most are 2 1/2"+ in size and have great shape

$15 each or 5 for $60

Sorry no shipping at this time.....PICK-UP ONLY (McGaheysville, VA - 22840!!

20200223_155217.jpg!!
    Last edited by jeep; 02-29-2020 at 08:42 AM. Reason: requested

Registered Member

Default Re: German Red Turquoise Fry for Sale!!

Hi, Any pics of the parents? Also curious to know the background of the “German” origin. Thanks.

Registered Member

I listed the fry real quick and didn't realize I put "German" in the listing. They are regular Red Turquoise fry. These fry are from the pair Spotted Red Turquoise (male) x Royal Ruby Red (3R) (female). Both parents were purchased from Kenny Cheung. The male I purchased as a Spotted Red Turquoise, but I don't see any spots on him.......looks like a very nice looking Red Turquoise to me. I have included a pic of the parents. The female 3R carries the golden gene which is why all the fry are coming out looking like the male.20190113_202933.jpg3R x Red Turquoise Pair with fry.jpg3R x Red Turquoise Pair with fry(2).jpg

Registered Member

Default Re: Red Turquoise Fry for Sale!!

Very nice fish, thank you for the reply.

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
    ...These fry are from the pair Spotted Red Turquoise (male) x Royal Ruby Red (3R) (female). Both parents were purchased from Kenny Cheung. The male I purchased as a Spotted Red Turquoise, but I don't see any spots on him.......looks like a very nice looking Red Turquoise to me. I have included a pic of the parents. The female 3R carries the golden gene which is why all the fry are coming out looking like the male...
    How interesting. Normally a PB type fish crossed to a turq gives muddy looking fry. That's obviously not the case here, so 3R may not have a PB origin.

Nice to know, Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

The 3R are golden based .....which if I'm correct in saying is a recessive gene. The 3R ......I'm pretty sure doesn't have any pigeon genes.