AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all

Default Re: Hi all

It's Tap>Sock>Carbon>Dosing and treatments (Sodium thiosulfate etc.)>Holding storage with aeration, flow, heating, testing>Out to tank - that in a nutshell, is the flow, and it is all automated. I oversee it on my phone/laptop and monitor it etc. but it is all automated and logged. I'm trying my best to not be a slave to the hobby!

In fact, I am building some more systems shortly, so I will probably document each step for you all to enjoy

Holy crap... love the phone monitoring. All right, if you have ever seen the show Big Bang Theory than you are probably one of the scientists and pretend I am Penny. I definitely want to hear more details when you have the time! That's awesome!
    -Elliot

haha, I've seen an episode or two, but never gave it an honest try. The automation certainly is a time saver, however, I'm only really just beginning to recoup the time it spent programming the systems! At least I now have the ability to copy to newly built hardware. Very little configuration required now, just putting hardware together....adults Lego! Of course there are the expensive systems out there that enable automation, but I prefer to build and customise my own...because it's fun and I'm a nerd!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12