ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Social Isolation/distancing

Default Re: Social Isolation/distancing

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    I just had a customer ask if I would have fish he wanted in 2 weeks .Often people have all sorts of reasons for waiting like preparing or going out of town.
    This one said they won't have 1 day off until 2 weeks from now .They added the work in toilet paper manufacturing facility and are doing double shifts with the plant operating round the clock !
    Who would have thought ? My wife of course said I should try to trade fish or ask for payment in TP but I have to imagine that type of joke/request is getting old for him about now ?
    I think he would like the joke. Your wife is funny.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Yesterday I learned that an employee at one of our branch offices tested positive for Coronavirus. All workers at that office were ordered home for 14 days. A sanitation crew was brought in for a '"deep clean". Staff was brought in from other branch offices to staff the office for 14 days while the original staff was out of service. I thought that I would not want to be on the relief crew in case the sanitation effort did not work out.
    I hope that nobody is in the demographic of those most at risk of complications.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I hope that nobody is in the demographic of those most at risk of complications.
    Right in the middle of one of the three demographics most at risk. Washington State exactly.

Real Name
    Mervin

It won't be the same after all this. It'll take a long time to get things up and running the way it was. Seems we need a whole new system to survive this one; the system we have now has broken and it'll take years to fix it.When I was a boy growing up in the 50ties. I heard folks talking about "the war", often and then the cold war. 10 years from now the kids are going to hear "the virus". I believe this will change the whole world and the way we do things. We haven't seen the worst of it yet. This will create a lot of chaos and violence, and long soup kitchen line ups. We won't want or be able to have big 50" screen TV's after all this. Most of us are not working already. And most new jobs created are for fighting this mess.

Real Name
    Willie

The world is always changing. It's just sometimes we become aware of the change.

I remember 9/11. I was in Boston doing sales calls. Stopped to get gas in the afternoon and the cashier said to me, "it's never going to be the same again."

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

A customer of mine told me this past week that his business income volume doubled this past month. I was surprised at that low amount. He owns a gun shop. Beware the change may have unwanted consequences.

I heard on NPR that was the case. It's another thing I don't understand. It's not like this will be the end of the world. It's gonna be bad but not to bad that people need to buy more guns.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HAIR

IT SEEMS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTERS CAN TOLERATE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND WORK FROM HOME OR IN THE HOSPITAL, BUT……….

The hair stylists are closed and my ladies are very distraught, overwhelmed and saddened. And, given the fact that my wife has 4 sisters and 4 sisters-in-law, corona virus has hit the family where it hurts.

In 1982 we were poor as church mice. So, in order to save money, my wife decided to let me give her “a do”. I spent about an hour pulling strands thru a rubber cap holes – there were hundreds, then applied the mixture and - voila – turned out great. Terrific highlights! Months later, we tried again but this time I rushed it and she said I made her look like a skunk. Needless to say, I am not allowed to go near her hair with product or clippers.

Quite honestly, I hope this pandemic changes us back to the natural hair “look” of the 60’s. Why spend so much time and money on hair? However, it is unlikely that my wife and daughters will change. But as long as we all stay healthy, and you and yours, I’ll do a better job if – allowed. Balayage I think they call it now a days.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HAIR

IT SEEMS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTERS CAN TOLERATE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND WORK FROM HOME OR IN THE HOSPITAL, BUT……….

The hair stylists are closed and my ladies are very distraught, overwhelmed and saddened. And, given the fact that my wife has 4 sisters and 4 sisters-in-law, corona virus has hit the family where it hurts.

In 1982 we were poor as church mice. So, in order to save money, my wife decided to let me give her “a do”. I spent about an hour pulling strands thru a rubber cap holes – there were hundreds, then applied the mixture and - voila – turned out great. Terrific highlights! Months later, we tried again but this time I rushed it and she said I made her look like a skunk. Needless to say, I am not allowed to go near her hair with product or clippers.

Quite honestly, I hope this pandemic changes us back to the natural hair “look” of the 60’s. Why spend so much time and money on hair? However, it is unlikely that my wife and daughters will change. But as long as we all stay healthy, and you and yours, I’ll do a better job if – allowed. Balayage I think they call it now a days.
    You might consider working with her hair while she is sleeping. A co-worker told me this past week that her husband attempted to give their 4 year old son a haircut while she was at work. He ended up botching the cut so he shaved the kid's head. She was not happy when she discovered she had a bald 4 year old.

Real Name
    Steve

You might consider working with her hair while she is sleeping.
    Oh ya! What could go wrong?

I always cut my own, but the last time I did I dropped and broke my hand held mirror. I'm ready to cut another couple of inches off so I need to make myself remember to buy another. I do a good, but not great job. Cutting with the rear view mirror in one hand and the scissors in the other is a challenge that can be overcome.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Mervin

A customer of mine told me this past week that his business income volume doubled this past month. I was surprised at that low amount. He owns a gun shop. Beware the change may have unwanted consequences.
    If you have a hundred starving people out side your home knowing you had food hoarded. It would come down to that.

Real Name
    Mervin

On the news last night about a tiger at the Bronx zoo in New York catching corona virus from zoo keeper.

I've been wanting to wear a mask while out and about forever. I heard from a member here that as soon as they got notice of the virus in the community that in Vietnam everyone wears a mask if not to protect themselves, but the mask will prevent others from getting the virus if you are asymptomatic. Nobody was wearing them here in the States.

I went out today. I went to the beer store, the little feed store and the supermarket. All the cashiers and many customers were wearing masks. Just yesterday, I neard on NPR that a website started that would tell non-sewers to make a mask that does a darn good job. I like the one that's made from a T shirt. Dang, I have a ton of old T shirts. That will I'll be doing as my fun project after WC this evening.
    https://masks4all.co/how-to-make-a-homemade-mask/
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thanks Liz, I am going to make several of #1, using papers towels inside the fabric. #3 should have paper towels too, just the fabric isn't enough. Same with #2.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast