AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Isolation/distancing

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Social Isolation/distancing

Thanks Jeanne! The glasses are my older bloke bifocals, lol. It was tough getting them to sit in my face right with the PAPR mask on actually. After the face shield was bleach wiped a few times it started to losses some of its visual clarity. Between that and my glasses sit crooked I had to have all the lights in the room on so I could see when it was time to stick my pt for labs this morning . Yikes. I did get the blood 1st try of course

Registered Member

Thanks for your dedication.

Real Name
    Daniel

My pleasure Capt!

Real Name
    Larry

Danny
    Be careful and be safe, thank you for all your doing in fighting this battle and helping others do the same.
    Wife and I are home and will stay put for a bit, I have an upper respitory infection, no fever, but have had bronchoitius when I was smaller so use an inhaler when I get bad.
    Take care of yourself.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thank you Danny, you are doing a great job! Keep being careful!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you Larry and Barb! I appreciate your support, and thank you for your kind thoughts.
    Larry you may have seen this in the news, but if you do need pain or fever management with the upper resp infection it would be best to use acetaminophen and stay away from ibuprofen for now. God speed with your recovery mate!

Real Name
    Larry

Yes thank you Danny, my doctor had already told me about that but so far so good no fever.

Real Name
    Daniel

Glad to hear it Larry. All the best to you mate, and enjoy some extra time in the fish room!!

Real Name
    Tom

Well checking in from New York. This is for real!! Been self isolating for 3 weeks now and still getting worse hear. Stopped watching the news about a week ago. But still know people are dying here every 17min. Both my sons are city cops and my older boy has it. He’s a 6’2” 240lb mountain and he’s still exhausted 9 days into it. His wife though still hasn’t caught it. Kid next store is An EMT and he also has it. He’s on day 4 still no fever. This covid attacks people in different ways. 2 weeks ago many were ignoring the stay at home but it’s changing now. I’m delivering food to older relatives and the roads are emptying. People are starting to understand. They finally closed down construction on Friday and I believe New York is down for April.
    As to don’t worry it’s like the flu. Yes the flu kills. But not this many this fast. So be safe! Stay in or away from people. Many people have it allready and are getting thru it. But not understanding their spreading it. Don’t take ibuprofen it makes the fever last longer. Danny thank you for your service and I hope you don’t get a lot of cases where you are.

Real Name
    Mervin

We here, are no longer to have our regular supply of medications, which was 3 months. We're only allowed 30 day supply of these life saving drugs, due to our china supply chain being in chaos. It's a different new kind of war than what we thought it was going to be. Our health care workers are now our soldiers.

I'm a news junky so I know all about what's going on in NY. We have the virus in Mississippi. They haven't closed anything down down yet because it isn't wide spread. As far as I'm concerned the entire country will be shut down like NY. As things are, people are leaving New Orleans that is something of a hot bed and moving to the Mississippi gulf coast. The New Yorkers who have the money have moved to their winter home somewhere where it's warm.

I hope your sons, and the kid next door, and the wife of the one son get well soon. Has she been tested or is she simply showing no symptoms may have immunity to the virus once they have recovered.

Stay safe, Tom.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

Praying for everyone across the country .Tom I hope your family is safe and stays safe .
    You are right Liz this will hit every state probably in the same proportion as NY..Hopefully not all at the same time ..It would be nice if it rolled like they say so we can move necessary equipment and people to where it is needed .
    It would also be nice if we learned and shared as it grows ..Seems the only info China wants to share is that we have the mask thing all wrong ! Their healthy are wearing them for protection ,not just the sick .
    Our gov't won't broadcast that real loud since the people [our medical personnel ] are short the proper equipment and having the whole general public trying to hoard that stuff really could do more harm then good .
    Now we [NY] make up 10% of the world total but no one has enough test to even get an accurate count so everyone should be thinking the numbers are less then true..
    Way less !
    Liz they are not only going to where it is warm .
    I took the crossfire out for a ride on Saturday and they were up in Lake George [ their summer homes ] !
    That prize "Mercedes of Manhattan' or 'White plains Lexus ' license plate frame is more the scarlet letter then a bragging point now IMO !
    They might be rich but not smart enough to realize they are driving around labeled ! Hope people at the markets recognize the signs ..
    Nobody upstate is any more happy with them then other states .. They left too late .Long Island is screwed blue IMO with some still travelling back and fourth …
    This would be one of the cases where the old adage 'better late then never' is not better ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Tom

No Liz she’s an mri tech so needed. Even though her husband has it they still want her to come in and because no symptoms they won’t test her. I know theyre needed but your not stopping it that way. They don’t want to test first responders. My son had to have his doctor do the test. He was refused at the drive up places and first med. The boy next store got tested because the nurses at the hospital he responds to tested him.
    As to the rich leaving. Yes they are. My mother in law is out on the north fork. They all ran out to there summer homes and emptied all the grocery stores on the way. Guess they didn’t read the news because covid’s been out there since it’s been in westchester mid February. I’ve been bring food to her since than.

Real Name
    Daniel

This would be one of the cases where the old adage 'better late then never' is not better ..

So true Tom. Humans seem to love doing there own thing and then learning the hard way. The "couldn't happen to me" syndrome is biting hard now...

Our ICU doubled it's patient load just in the last 24 hours, and our hospital administrator is not expecting it to peak in our area for another 15-30 days! The Halls are lined with IV pumps & PPE stations set up outside the rooms...it feels like Beirut...

Praying for your son & co Tom (Iminit).

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    No Liz she’s an mri tech so needed. Even though her husband has it they still want her to come in and because no symptoms they won’t test her. I know theyre needed but your not stopping it that way. They don’t want to test first responders.
    That is so very very wrong. Idiots!
    Mama Bear

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast