AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need someone to walk me thru this - tried on my own and am failing.....

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Need someone to walk me thru this - tried on my own and am failing.....

After looking at the video, I stand by my concern about the gill inflammation. It should be your priority.

Kanaplex does contain Kanamycin but it's a weaker version. I prefer the pure form from Jehmco but if Kanaplex is your only option I would double dose. The salt will also help with breathing...

A far as your water is concerned, maybe you can play with a mixture of tap and RO in a holding barrel and find the right mixture. It would be much easier to find the right mix of tap and RO than is is to reconstitute pure RO.

Registered Member

Default Re: Need someone to walk me thru this - tried on my own and am failing.....

Have Kanaplex (Kanamycin) coming, but Jehmco no longer sells it. Also setting up a 20g tank for hospital tank. Bare bottom, 85deg, sides and back covered dark, low light

Real Name
    Brian

I've been talking with Tammy on this and I agree that the gill damage could be a result of the PP. There also could be a secondary infection to the gills as well. Keep in contact with her and we will all stay on the same page here.

Registered Member

Anyone have any thoughts as to the little "flags" hanging off the gill coverlet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12