ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Skittish discus

Registered Member

Default Skittish discus

I know that every topic has already been addressed on here. Nevertheless I wish to ask this for some current answers to a current situation. I have four discus, they were never afraid to eat, in fact they would come up to the top begging for food. They even attempted to breed multiple times and even had fry hatch. I moved The pair to another tank to attempt breeding but one of the discus would not eat. I already talked with you guys about this and I talked to Jack Watley discus. The discus is now barely starting to eat but at least it's eating something. That's not the point of this thread. I added another discus after stopping in at Jack Watley, One there was so stunning I had to have it. So it is a little bit bigger maybe by a 1/2 an inch or so the other 2 large ones in the tank. . I have plenty of tetras as dithers. There is no aggression between the new discus and the other discus. Can anyone explain this behavior, and might it go away with just as waiting more time? If you are intrested water parameters are 0,0 , < 5. Thank you.

Registered Member

Default Re: Skittish discus

Quote Originally Posted by Ocellaris View Post
    I know that every topic has already been addressed on here. Nevertheless I wish to ask this for some current answers to a current situation. I have four discus, they were never afraid to eat, in fact they would come up to the top begging for food. They even attempted to breed multiple times and even had fry hatch. I moved The pair to another tank to attempt breeding but one of the discus would not eat. I already talked with you guys about this and I talked to Jack Watley discus. The discus is now barely starting to eat but at least it's eating something. That's not the point of this thread. I added another discus after stopping in at Jack Watley, One there was so stunning I had to have it. So it is a little bit bigger maybe by a 1/2 an inch or so the other 2 large ones in the tank. . I have plenty of tetras as dithers. There is no aggression between the new discus and the other discus. Can anyone explain this behavior, and might it go away with just as waiting more time? If you are intrested water parameters are 0,0 , < 5. Thank you.
    Um, explain what behavior? Your post is all over the place. What are you asking?
    Last edited by Oxboy; 05-02-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

New fish can take a week or two to settle in even with other fish that are comfortable .
    Maybe turn your lights down some for the new guy ? I can't think of much else I can change on my tanks for new fish ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member

Thank you

Registered Member

Never mind another person replied that understood the question I'm sorry I didn't seem clear to you