AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro's/Con's to treating entire tank with metro

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Amanda

Default Re: Pro's/Con's to treating entire tank with metro

Hi Everyone - they're going back in the main tank tomorrow - they've stopped eating again but hopefully being back in the big tank helps.. I'll keep you posted! PS- lights have been off in the QT tank for the entire duration of their treatment - there is a window in that room but no direct sunlight shines through it.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Amanda

Okay, so I'm impatient.... I added them back to the main tank a little while ago.. THEY'RE BOTH DOING GREAT!! They're swimming around with the group, they're being a little shy but they did eat when I fed everyone. You guys have no idea how happy I am right now... Hopefully they continue to recover well and nothing changes....

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Acerrato View Post
    Okay, so I'm impatient.... I added them back to the main tank a little while ago.. THEY'RE BOTH DOING GREAT!! They're swimming around with the group, they're being a little shy but they did eat when I fed everyone. You guys have no idea how happy I am right now... Hopefully they continue to recover well and nothing changes....
    Few things are as exciting and rewarding than to correct a big problem in your tank. Good to hear it Amanda!

I know this thread is a few months old. How are they doing now?

One of the things I like about keeping Discus is that you can "fix" them most of the time. I just came out of the guppy hobby. For me, it was rare to heal a guppy. You can stop the threat to the others, but pretty much what is done is done with them. Not really a 2nd chance.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Amanda

Hey Vinni - my fish are doing great, thank you so much for asking! Over the last few months, I've calmed down a lot too and decided not to panic over every little thing...not everything is an absolute tragedy anymore! Phew, what a relief! I was driving myself pretty bonkers for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni Smith View Post
    Few things are as exciting and rewarding than to correct a big problem in your tank. Good to hear it Amanda!

I know this thread is a few months old. How are they doing now?

One of the things I like about keeping Discus is that you can "fix" them most of the time. I just came out of the guppy hobby. For me, it was rare to heal a guppy. You can stop the threat to the others, but pretty much what is done is done with them. Not really a 2nd chance.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Acerrato View Post
    Hey Vinni - my fish are doing great, thank you so much for asking! Over the last few months, I've calmed down a lot too and decided not to panic over every little thing...not everything is an absolute tragedy anymore! Phew, what a relief! I was driving myself pretty bonkers for awhile.
    And this may be the secret to success ! My fish are not perfect and neither am I but sometimes good enough is good enough !
    Nice to hear from you Amanda !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Amanda

Thanks Tom!! I've been pretty quiet on the forum since COVID - things are good here though - just busy!! The fish have grown, I've done some updating to the tank... Also getting ready to install my new FX6, I'm just waiting on my spraybar to arrive! I've decided to experiment with some plants.. we will see how it goes!!

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    And this may be the secret to success ! My fish are not perfect and neither am I but sometimes good enough is good enough !
    Nice to hear from you Amanda !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123