AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Royal menu discus food

Real Name
    Tom

Default Royal menu discus food

Just saw this and wondering if anyone has tried it. It’s coming out of Slovakia and the breeder of course has some beautiful fish.

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Royal menu discus food

Did a google search.

Royal Menu-300 ml granules.

Composition:Beefprotein, krill, squid meal, insect protein, fish meal, rye, rice, wheat, shrimp meal, dried algae Chlorella and Spirulina, salmon oil,brewer´s yeast, zeolite, mixture of medicinal herbs, mushroom Shiitake, Chia seed oil, red paprika pigment, amino acids, prebiotics, mannan-oligosaccharides and beta-glucans, probiotics. Analytical constituents: protein 49 %, fat content 9 %, inorganic matter 8,2 %, crude fibre 2,4 %. Feed additives/kg: vitamins: A (3a672a) 32000 IU, C (3a300) 240 mg, D3 (3a671) 2400 IU; with colourants, trace elements: Fe (3b103) 39 mg, Mn (3b502) 49 mg, Zn (3b603) 48 mg; with antioxidants.

https://www.discusfish.store/product...u-fish-food/75
    Last edited by seanyuki; 04-08-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Never tried it. I've found food that I'm happy with so I don't need to go on a search for food for them.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

i use it, my fish love it, but its just one of the foods that i give

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks Tim. Just wondering if any used it. Glad to here you like it. What size do you use? I was going to get the large.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Thanks Tim. Just wondering if any used it. Glad to here you like it. What size do you use? I was going to get the large.
    also large

Real Name
    Tom

I ordered 3 sizes that say they will arrive tomorrow.
    I will follow up on how my fish like it ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Tom

Food arrived very quick and shipping was a good deal.
    The food itself looks and smell exactly the same as my Kens Grow meal that cost $3 for half pound which is one fifth the cost of this .
    Clearly without long term feeding it will be hard to say if it is better or not .
    The fish all seem to like it but they are all already trained on small pellet food .
    I grabbed the 400g container of 3 sizes ;
    Large which is 1mm or so and the angels,large rams and discus seem alright with it .
    Medium that is about .7mm good for fish smaller then discus or juvi discus .
    XSmall is definitely fry food about .3 - .5 mm or 300-500 microns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Never tried it. I've found food that I'm happy with so I don't need to go on a search for food for them.
    I’m sure you’ve posted before but can you post your feeding regimen again Liz?

It varies, but I feed my adults Discus 3 times daily. In the morning they get the pellets I stockpiled in the freezer before the maker's wife died and he quit making his wonderful food called Teenie Greenie. In the afternoon they get phase 4 pellets form another supplier called Fish Guy who also makes food from fresh ingredients in small batches. In the evening they get freeze dried worms. I used to buy frozen blood worms in bulk but I can no longer afford the shipping since I was forced into retirement. I also search around for mosquito larvae. The Discus adore hunting the live food and I love watching them hunt for it.

My baby Discus are started off on BBS, then transferred to Golden Pearls and Fish guy's tiny phase 1. As they grow I transfer them to larger Fish Guy's pellets and the freeze dried worms.

If you are searching for a new food that the fish love and do well on check Fish Guy out. His name is Paul. His website is fishguysplace.com. Your fish will thank you.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I’ll check him out, thanks for the recommendation. Right now I’m feeding a mix of seachems discus flake, hikari bio gold, sf bay beefheart and als fdbw. I haven’t started on live foods or making my own beefheart yet. Probably will get there eventually