ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Koi source

Registered Member

Default Koi source

Sorry I posted this originally in the wrong forum section.

Anyone know of a good place online to get some quality koi at a decent price?

Registered Member

Default Re: Koi source

I also grow koi. Where are you located? What you consider good price? I purchased some from Kodama koi. They bring in koi from Japan. They are located in Hawaii. High quality koi so not cheap. I live in SoCal so there are couple of good koi dealers here.

Registered Member

I'm in West Virginia. I'm actually asking for a friend who is stocking a new pond.

My dad also has an existing pond that he's going to add an addition to that will be larger than the main pond with a creek connecting them. He's started the search for a koi source as well.

I think both would pay for a quality young fish but aren't looking for show quality type.

For koi here you're limited to chain pet stores selling them out of goldfish combined tanks. There used to a lot of flower shops that would sell pond supplies and their own koi but online and chain stores have ended that (just saying not saying online retail is bad).

They've had a tough time finding a good source from what they've said.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Check Blue Ridge Fish Hatchery in Kernersville , NC. I used to go there a long time ago, wonderful fish! They had Koi over 3' long in huge ponds outdoors to look at. See if they have online ordering and shipping, don't know.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!