AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New to the forum, got 5 discus about 8 days ago and one has died

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TJ

Question New to the forum, got 5 discus about 8 days ago and one has died

Not sure what went wrong, but attaching a picture. The water PH is within range and the the other 4 are completely fine. I did notice this guy was off to the side and seemed to be "afraid" to go where the others were. Could this have been sick when I purchased? or bacteria?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: New to the forum, got 5 discus about 8 days ago and one has died

Hard to say. Not much info. Where did you get it? Lfs or breeder/online? What have you done in the tank since you got them? What are you feeding how many water changes and how much water do you move? How big is the tank? Are there other tank mates? If so what? How long has the tank been running?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyterp01 View Post
    Not sure what went wrong, but attaching a picture. The water PH is within range and the the other 4 are completely fine. I did notice this guy was off to the side and seemed to be "afraid" to go where the others were. Could this have been sick when I purchased? or bacteria?
    Nice first post. Welcome to the forum.

Hope you find the answers your looking for. Good luck with your endevours
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Mervin

See the redness at the base of the pectoral fin. Looks like bacterial infection by glance and looks a bit of fin rot on the dorsal. Most discus have come from places that use antibiotics regularly and when we got them home we need pristine water. If your other fish show signs of what may look like septicemia or fin rot. Furan 2 and or Furan 2 and karamycin combined. The fish farms usually use the Furan 2. That's what I would do if the other fish show the same issues and if you can use antibiotics in your country. Ned alot more info about the conditions of you set up to get right to the issues. This is just a guess from what I'm looking at.

Real Name
    Steve

Hi TJ,
    Sorry you lost this guy, but otherwise, welcome to SD.

There are a lot of possibilities. For folks to really be able to help, they need more info. I've attached a link to our disease questionnaire, below. If you can copy and paste it into you next post, and fill it out, folks will have something to go on. The more about your set-up, maintenance, source of fish,etc. the better.

Steve

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete