ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help needed for breeding discus

Registered Member

Default Re: help needed for breeding discus

Quote Originally Posted by dipanjan View Post
    they lave laid eggs again. Last time TDS was 127 ppm. This time i used RO water and TDS is 47 ppm. Now its 48 hrs. When i was looking at the eggs few hours back from the top it was still orange in colour the frontal view was whitish. But as i write the post i suddenly observe that 4 - 5 eggs have turned complete white but the others are still orange even from the front view. i am confused. can anyone please help.
    The white eggs are not good. The amber or orange color that are transparent might
    be fertile. A closer look at the transparent
    egg may show a small tiny black dot these
    eggs are fertile. Can't see the picture so tomorrow you should see the fertile eggs
    turning dark. I know this is confusing.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 04-26-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Real Name
    Joshua

Default Re: help needed for breeding discus

Just throwing this out there but my tds is 130 and I went through the same thing your going through but what I leaned on mostly was consistency. I never used r/o water so I didn’t have to chase a certain number and just gave them time. By the 8th attempt their egg laying and location had gotten better... if there young they might need some time. Also my 7th batch attempt none of the eggs hatched after I had good wrigglers so if there trying and the babies are wriggling give them time... they will probably work it out. Getting to wrigglers is the first hurdle, then free swimming, then surviving the parent separation. I myself am waiting on that last one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12