AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: COVID-19 - My thoughts and feelings

Default COVID-19 - My thoughts and feelings

COVID-19 - My thoughts and message to you re: this horrific pandemic !

Just thought I'd speak out about my feelings to all of you, but mainly to the many wonderful american SD member friends, colleagues, and acquaintances I've have the pleasure to meet on this forum and get to know over the past 10 years:

First, as an outsider Canadian having followed the developments of this deadly virus in the U.S.A., the most unbearable assault on the health of humanity that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, has been most disheartening to me.

As some of you may know, I lived in L.A. for several years, and travelled & vacationed extensively throughout the U. S. for many years, becoming quite familiar with California, Florida, New York, & Washington States, among others, and in the process of doing so, I've come to dearly love the U.S. and Americans .

On this forum, I've come to know and have many pleasant, interesting, and informative mutual posts over the years with the likes of, to name just a few, - Al, Pat, Steve, Keith, Brian, Joe, Liz, Larry, Barb, Kenny, Willie, Julian, Miranda, April, Martha, Ricardo, Josie, Daniel, Ryan, John, Filip, Patty, Ralph, Matt, Rick, and so many others I've missed mentioning through lack of recall &/or for the sake of being briefer - for those of you I've missed, please forgive me.

My message for all of you is simply this:

- My fervent wish is that none of you have been infected thus far, and that you're somehow avoiding cabin fever &/or depression by following the stay at home guidelines, and physical distancing as and when you leave home for any essential reason;

- If you've had the misfortune of somehow being infected, I wish you a speedy recovery whether you're dealing with, or have dealt with, the sickness at home, or in hospital;

- I also offer my heartfelt condolences to any one of you who might have experienced the anguish of having lost a loved one to the pandemic;

- In those States that have begun, or will soon begin, a gradual economic re-opening, may it proceed as smoothly as is possible, and that you maintain your good health and that of your families throughout. If you've unfortunately lost your job, my hope is that you can return to work soon so that you can continue to maintain yourselves and your families in good stead as you did before the COVID invasion!

In a bit lighter vein closer to home, we in British Columbia have been blessed with the good fortune of having a well-organized governmental body and health system with savvy medical professionals at the helm, who have acted quickly and wisely to keep this terrible virus manageable, and the number of unfortunate infection cases, and some resulting mortalities, as low as possible - just as, in one example among many in the U.S., your Governor Cuomo has taken charge of in your extremely populous NY state - his actions are impressive with their effectiveness to this point ! This world and your great country needs more like him in my view.

My dear spouse Linda has been exceptionally wonderful braving the grocery shopping expeditions thus far, and just recently, I was thrilled with her giving me what turned out to be a truly professional haircut! A small highlight for me in this highly stressful environment.

May you all have the good fortune of staying safe and healthy !

Best regards,
    Paul

Default Re: COVID-19 - My thoughts and feelings

Thanks, Paul. I've been lucky so far but the owner of my LPS., Twee was in the hospital with it and very sick. It is taking her a long time to recover but she expects to be back to work later this week. Two of her kids got it and had pneumonia but got well with antibiotics. Her husband remains symptom free.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Thanks, Paul. I've been lucky so far but the owner of my LPS., Twee was in the hospital with it and very sick. It is taking her a long time to recover but she expects to be back to work later this week. Two of her kids got it and had pneumonia but got well with antibiotics. Her husband remains symptom free.
    Good to hear, Liz - thanks for posting & stay safe and healthy.

You too, Paul.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks for your post Paul. I'm glad you and Linda are doing good!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Thanks for your post Paul. I'm glad you and Linda are doing good!!
    Thanks Brian - we're real happy to be doing quite well so far - hope you and yours are too.

Real Name
    Francis

Paul....Please take special care, stay healthy and be vigilant! ❤️
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Paul....Please take special care, stay healthy and be vigilant! ❤️
    Thanks Francis, I was encouraged to take utmost care early on due to the dedication and astuteness of our British Columbia health system medical team, which to date has obviously achieved excellent results in keeping the numbers of infected cases, hospitalizations, and mortalities to a very low minimum under their guidance, considering our 5 million population base here in B.C.
    You too keep healthy, Francis - I believe you would also be helping April to keep safe and healthy.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Good to hear from you Paul and glad you and Linda are well.

Tom and I watched 60 Minutes this past Sunday and there is a company in Canada called "Bluedot" which has written an AI software system to help predict and warning about pandemics. They use a variety of data from airline ticket and routes, cell phone location data and public sources of information to help predict emerging pandemics. The company issued an early warning to the Canadian government and to the state of California both who are doing relativity well doing this pandemic. I think we all realize that early action was so important in containing this virus.

Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thank you for your well written and heartfelt message here. Bill and I are well, at least as far as the virus goes. My mom who is 96 is doing great, staying home, with me taking care of her, going over twice a week. She and Bill keep me very busy. Good to hear you and Linda are doing well and that you have a new barber!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Great to hear from you, Barb - and that you & Bill, and your mom, are all doing well.
    Linda's mom is 98, still living at home & doing well in a small town here in B.C. - an 8 hour drive away from us - but not needing our help at the moment.
    And yes, I have a new barber - and she's planning on giving me another trim soon - she feels she didn't get it quite right the first time, but will do better with a bit more practice !