ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: a hobbyist from lebanon

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

Smile a hobbyist from lebanon

hello everyone im a hobbyist from lebanon my name is rabih im new to the discus keeping but i've been in the hobby raising lots of fish in around 17 aquariums and tubs and i would like to know and learn more about discus . i just bought a week ago a breeding pair they're enjoying a 90 gallons aquarium with 7 blue zebra angel fish fry (about 2.5 months old) and 9 fry of albino plecos around 3 months old . planning to set a 150 gallons tank only for discus and willig to breed them to hopefully and thats it. i would love to chat with you around such subjects and specially if there's anyone from lebanon bcz herewe dont have that quantity of fish keepers.
    thank you

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: a hobbyist from lebanon

Welcome to Simply Discus Rabih. It seems like discus are available in most parts of the world, and l would love to see what they look like in your corner. Please share some pictures of your pair, as most of us would find that interesting. Good luck with your new project.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Rabih, welcome. I got to visit Lebanon in 2006. Unfortunately during Hezbollah uprising. Such a surreal site. Post pics!
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

hey joe thank you for welcoming me i will surely post pics of my pair . i love them the male is a turquoise but i don't know if the female could be a hybrid . thank you

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

hey Elliot Lebanon is a very beautiful country but sadly passing by huge economic crises . we dont have lots of hobbyists here but i would love to let it evolve as we see clubs and exhibitions and such things in other countries when at the same time hobbyists are very few here and hope i may raise it to a better level with your support and help guys. and i will post this afternoon pics of my pair that i am in love with . thank you for your reply.

Absolutely it's a beautiful place! That's what made the scene so sad to see explosions. Met a lot of great folks. Would love to see pics of your pair!
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

yes definitely i will share some pics but i'm still trying to figure out how to change the size of the pics so i could post them . and btw we don't have explosions here , that's the war in Syria our problems are mostly politically and economically wise . have a great day

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Rabih if you email your self your pics they usually get auto resized to less than 2mb then you can post them to the site

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Rabih if you email your self your pics they usually get auto resized to less than 2mb then you can post them to the site
    That actually helps me out too! Thanks Dan!
    -Elliot

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

You're welcome fellas!

Hi Rabih, My brother lived with his Lebanese wife when I was just a kid. He taught at the American university and was a stringer for NBC news. He invited my parents and me to visit for three weeks. It was magnificent. He had a flat right on the sea. I went swimming and he took us skiing the same day. I know that he took us to see all the important sights but I remember the beautiful country and the perfect clear blue sea. Of course, this was back when there was peace.

I'm interested to see your Discus as well. And I hope with all my heart that things get better in your country.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 05-09-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

hehehehe thank youu i will by tonight

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

heyo mama bear ig your username is . thank you so much , basically my country is a very beautiful one but I'm kind of sad cz w dot have that much people interested in the hobby and hope i could make something and evolve it . i'm very grateful that you liked Lebanon . and thank you guys you're so amazing and i loved u so much thank you for the support .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    rabih

guys i just made a new post and posted pics of the pair hehehe enjoyy and give me you feedbacks much lovee.

Hello, nice to meet you, guys!