ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hole in the Head???? Please Help

Real Name
    Tanja

Default Re: Hole in the Head???? Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Tanja, I would suggest adding prime to the tank just before adding the new water to the tank and enough for the tank volume. Regarding your 30 gal tote, are you aging your water with an airstone to handle any ph swing?
    Pat
    I am not using an airstone in it presently but I can start doing that most certainly. How long should I keep the water in the tote before adding to the tank? And at what stage should I add the prime?

Real Name
    Tanja

Quote Originally Posted by Sturiosoma View Post
    I guess maybe I'm confused about this post first off by the answers given in the questionnaire, no aging barrel but now a barrel for water changes, just ignore my post, or better yet delete it

Jeanne
    Yes a barrel for water changes. It's simpy too time-consuming to deal with buckets and our tap isn't compatible with a water change system and I really don't have adequate room in the house to be aging water for a 90 gallon tank. I suppose I'm going to have to figure that out going forward however.

Real Name
    Tanja

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    I would just stick to your current treatment and make sure to keep the water clean. Personally, I would not feed the brine shrimp. Maybe pick up some black worm flakes from Ken's Fish. It's pretty cheap and my fish took to it immediately. If this is HITH, water and nutrition can be the cause. The metro is a decent choice for treatment if the hex is present, but it's not caused by hexamita. Hex is just opportunistic. At first I thought it may just be an injury, but if you're seeing more areas then it very well could be HITH.
    Thank you Brian, I suspected as much. I stopped feeding beef heart because not all of them would ever even touch it. I'll look into the blackworms. My worry with the present treatment is that the metro may not be a high enough dose since it is split between that and prazipro... Is it too much to put them on metro after I'm done with this treatment?

Registered Member

Hey,

Out of curiosity why would we recommend to stop feeding brine shrimp? Does it interfere with one of the treatments?

Thanks

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

All the best!
    Last edited by danotaylor; 05-17-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Real Name
    Tanja

Quote Originally Posted by TonySimm View Post
    Hey,

Out of curiosity why would we recommend to stop feeding brine shrimp? Does it interfere with one of the treatments?

Thanks
    Hi I don't know why other people think that but I'm pretty certain I got a bad batch of it. My fish started acting sick a couple weeks to a month after feeding it. I'm now using the Hikari frozen though which seems better quality and they say in the box that their food is clean of parasites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12