ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ordered from Macs up in Washington

Registered Member

Default Re: Ordered from Macs up in Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Peewee... re-read my post from last night and hope I didn't come off as a douche! Love you man!
    I had not thought that way. But now that you point it out. So as long as you pop those beautiful greens into my mail all is forgiven. Seriously, I am going to ask that when those greens grow out that you post some photos.

Peewee... that's a promise!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Tom

I’m interested now in Macs discus. I do remember back when he was new. I thought he was now a seller and not breeding. My Hans fish are very good and with peewees info and me having an unused 45 I may just get some. Allways wanted his signature fish. The high fin blue. So the only thing missing here is pictures from 2 recent buyers! Thanks Vinni for showing yours .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    I’m interested now in Macs discus. I do remember back when he was new. I thought he was now a seller and not breeding. My Hans fish are very good and with peewees info and me having an unused 45 I may just get some. Allways wanted his signature fish. The high fin blue. So the only thing missing here is pictures from 2 recent buyers! Thanks Vinni for showing yours .
    He's just a pale blue half-dollar right now. Nothing to see....yet.

Registered Member

I think it is absolutely inappropriate to bring in other vendors (who happen to be supporters of this forum) on a thread about an outside vendor. Especially when the purchaser is happy with the fish

I really miss Brew

We all miss him, Andy. He just can't be here now with all he's had to carry on his back. He hasn't deserted us.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Here are some (bad) pics of the Macs 2-inchers received a week ago. The QT is setup in a spare bathroom hence all the other crap in the background -- sorry!

Anyways, they are all active eating and pooping machines. Do they look like Poor Quality Fish?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

To follow up on the above post, I am feeding these little guys 5-6 small meals per day, keeping the water at 88 degrees and performing two 50% WCs/vacuumings per day. Is this ok upkeep?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    To follow up on the above post, I am feeding these little guys 5-6 small meals per day, keeping the water at 88 degrees and performing two 50% WCs/vacuumings per day. Is this ok upkeep?
    With all of that going on how could you not be okay? Are you perhaps making too many water changes, if there is such a thing? From what I can see they appear to be excellent fish!

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks oxboy! Those discus look fine and healthy. I have picked 3 types to get from macs now just want to see what Kenny puts out.

See some strong posts. Especially from folks I love. I'm only communicating what I see and experience. Still early but so far so good. Only hiccup is possible PB
    -Elliot

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Alright guys, I deleted mine and several posts related to other vendors. The important thing is members are happy with their fish. My intention was to education but that should be done elsewhere. As to running the forum Al definitely is a master of that. He always seems to get that right balance and YES. I miss Al too.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    See some strong posts. Especially from folks I love. I'm only communicating what I see and experience. Still early but so far so good. Only hiccup is possible PB
    What's 'PB' again?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    What's 'PB' again?
    I do not like acronyms. We have so many in use where I work the company was forced to publish a 50 page dictionary of them so that we all know who was talking about what. In fact one of my coworkers constructed an entire sentence using just acronyms. Elliott would tell you that "PB" is Pigeon Blood. Or Piggin' Blewd as some would say. Pigeon Blood Ruby meaning is primarily associated with its color that matches exactly with the blood drawn from a freshly killed pigeon.It displays bright red hue with a slight tint of purple that appears deep red when seen in light. I suspect someone knows why this term was given to the strain of Discus we now refer to as "Pigeon Blood" or Piggin' Blewd, as it were.

Yeah, PB is Pigeon Blood. "Pigeon blood" term is rumored to come from Asian breeders who would call soy sauce "Pigeon Blood" and it looked like people sprinkled discus with soy sauce.

Steve knows I know the difference. I'm sure some on here would speculate, "Well how could there have been a mix up?" Well, happens to me and I'm used to it. I only get irritated when people don't fix a mistake. Steve said he would so I'm certainly going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Solid, responsive communication.

Apparently I'm deriving some may have had bad experiences... guys & gals, I'm only stating my experience. Maybe he just likes me more than some of you LMAO <now diving for cover!>
    -Elliot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast