AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest in SD Audio Community Q&A?

Default Interest in SD Audio Community Q&A?

I'm not a moderator nor speaking on behalf of SD but is there interest for a "SD town hall" audio conference? Just checking because I could host via MS Teams App and folks could join even if they didn't want to download MS Teams App (I'd just provide a phone bridge... I'd only need email addresses of interested people if so or could send them phone bridge with conference code).

I just thought it'd be cool and educational as well as awesome to interact with a lot of folks via audio at a minimum (although some with app could use video option).

Just seeing if others would be interested (to include mods & of course Al's blessing! ).

Yes? No? Maybe so?
    -Elliot

Default Re: Interest in SD Audio Community Q&A?

I like audio (I don't even own a TV) so I vote Maybe.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

I would participate if I was on .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I think that is a pretty cool offer Elliot. What type of format are you considering? question/answer, Hi I am so and so, etc. I think we would need someone to serve in the role of narrator to give some structure ie gameplan? Could it be recorded? I think it should be passed by Al.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Brian

This is unfamiliar territory for me, but I'm not opposed to it. I think I've had similar conversations with others who have expressed interest. I'll let them know of this thread.

Real Name
    Frank

Depending on the day and time, I have an interest.

I have also an interest in this, I had talked to others about maybe doing a livestream Q&A on Facebook. People could post or send questions during the week and answers could be discussed during the weekend.

Tammy

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

I like the ideal. So it is a yes from me

Based off of Pat's Qs and others comments:

MS Teams App is something my company has made us get very familiar with right now. And we have to host meetings that have most participants being outside of our company PLUS many who don't even want to download the app (you can still join a MS Team meeting as a guest without downloading the app). People can even choose to only use the phone number and code to just call in. It's very flexible.

And YES! I can record it! I'm just wondering if I could take the recording off of the site and upload it to another (I've just never been asked to... I'll be surprised if I can't). I like the recording question Pat had because of course we all don't live in the same area code. So at a minimum our friends in Singapore, Europe, Australia, etc. can have a recording and I'm sure at some point we could do I live one for them (and/or they may be able to find some MS Team nerds like me!)

I always say, "Set the bar low". The first time for most things can be a little rough (e.g., dancing, sports, keeping discus,... love making ...) so the first run could be a little bumpy but we'll learn and it'll improve. Hell, we may only have 6 or 7 show up, but that's okay! I'd think it'd be cool even just talking with any of you should it only be 2. But if you guys leave me on my front porch with my prom dress on, then I might be curled up in the fetal position with self esteem issues

I'm used to narrating/verbally hosting so I could do that. For an agenda I'd say 30 mins of a panel or guest talking about any late hot topic (10-15 mins talking and I could show presentations if they want; 10-15 mins of Q&A only on that subject) then at the end have 20 mins of Q&A about ANY topic.

Tk, the only thing with Facebook livestream is I think everyone would need a Facebook acct (unlike MS Teams that doesn't require app to be downloaded). Definitely correct me if I'm wrong (anyone). I don't care if it's tin cans & a string, I'd love to just interact verbally once in awhile with you guys, learn more, and I'm willing to bet it'd make SD become even better through building relationships even more.

For anyone wondering: YES, but I only just started drinking today!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Pat

Elliot, perhaps the first session could be a format where those who are listening may simply like to introduce themselves and their current fish endeavors. I think you being the host is apropos since this is your idea. Perhaps you and I could do a trial run to get a feel for it.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Elliot, perhaps the first session could be a format where those who are listening may simply like to introduce themselves and their current fish endeavors. I think you being the host is apropos since this is your idea. Perhaps you and I could do a trial run to get a feel for it.
    Pat
    You're speaking my language, Pat I always like doing a live practice. I love how you also posted your reply on the thread rather than a private message... because it's proof that I have a phone date with Pat in my near future
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    You're speaking my language, Pat I always like doing a live practice. I love how you also posted your reply on the thread rather than a private message... because it's proof that I have a phone date with Pat in my near future
    LOL Elliot, you are too much

I need help. I don't have an internal mic in my computer. I can't spend a bundle. I'm totally ignorant about tech stuff. How does this one look to you smart people? https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Om...s%2C291&sr=8-3

Also, I don't have broad band out there in the sticks. Will my wi fi connection be good enough? It's good enough to stream radio broadcasts.
    Mama Bear

Liz, absolutely no problem . You can just call in using your phone (no computer). In fact, maybe for the first time we could just use our phones only. All audio.

Phone instructions: phone number provided, enter the code when prompted, then press # (I could post phone, code, and time on SD for everyone)
    -Elliot

Elliot you are a blessing to me. Please do the stuff you said. I'm looking forward to talking to you and the rest of the gang soon.
    Mama Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast