AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Of A Feather?

Registered Member

Default Re: Fish Of A Feather?

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    We're just throwing around are observations but you may want to get another and see what happens. Is your existing Heckel male or female?
    It's an unknown. It is as if it is a ghost. None seem to notice the Heckel. I am suspect in that the little Heckel occupies the same area of the tank with a twice as large Alenquer male. The Alenquer defends that section of the tank from the rest, except for the Heckel.

Yes they are just observations and I’ve always been a big chicken about adding new fish. I’m not much of a risk taker. Even with quarantine (wow that word carries a entirely new vibe now) I was always weary but that’s just me. People do it all the time. If you decide to do it make sure to pop in and let us know if they team up.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    It's an unknown. It is as if it is a ghost. None seem to notice the Heckel. I am suspect in that the little Heckel occupies the same area of the tank with a twice as large Alenquer male. The Alenquer defends that section of the tank from the rest, except for the Heckel.
    I can see a Helkel finding an Alanquer attractive. It's a great cross, too!
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12