AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chlorine & Chloramine

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Chlorine & Chloramine

Thanks. I looked up the SAFE website and found the following statement, "Safe™ does not have the stabilizers, like Prime®, to keep it stable in liquid form. We do not recommend mixing it and storing it for future use." I've been using it for 3 weeks and so far so good. If it loses efficacy, I'll make sure to report it.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

I have over the years used many different products to get rid of chlorine and chloramine and the results have always been a bit ifff !!!
    Seachem Aquavitro Alpha is so far THE ONLY product that I would trust. It is very concentrated, but it sure does work. It's not cheap but you can use that and feel safe................. it is only the only product ( tested scientifically) that states specifically to be used for chloramine.I think some manufacturers just put it on their label and don't really have the scientific back-up to it.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by eros111 View Post
    I have over the years used many different products to get rid of chlorine and chloramine and the results have always been a bit ifff !!!
    Seachem Aquavitro Alpha is so far THE ONLY product that I would trust. It is very concentrated, but it sure does work. It's not cheap but you can use that and feel safe................. it is only the only product ( tested scientifically) that states specifically to be used for chloramine.I think some manufacturers just put it on their label and don't really have the scientific back-up to it.
    Where are you getting this information? Seachem is not the kind of company that shares test data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12