AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19: Reopening announcement

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    372 (100%)

Exclamation Covid-19: Reopening announcement

To all of our valued customers and friends,

Like all of you, we've been following the global COVID-19 situation very closely and have shut down our normal monthly shipment operation in April and May. We hope you’re staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times.

We are happy to announce that we will resume our normal monthly shipments come early June and this time Forrest has prepared a nice shipment with great varieties ready to go soon. Please stay tuned to our upcoming June shipment posting and as always, thank you all for your great support!

Thanks,
    Kenny

**sharing a few random upcoming June 2020 Forrest shipment strain photos(many more to post in a few days):

Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Covid-19: Reopening announcement

That's great news Kenny
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    372 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    That's great news Kenny
    Pat
    Thanks Pat! It was great chatting with you the other day my friend! Hope you're well!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny's Discus View Post
    Thanks Pat! It was great chatting with you the other day my friend! Hope you're well!

Kenny
    Same here Kenny and hope you and yours are well also. Tom and I are fine.
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 05-29-2020 at 12:10 AM.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Silver Member
    iTrader
    3 (100%)

Best news I've heard all pandemic long. Should be posted on CNN. Thanks Kenny and Forrest

iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Julian

Awesome
    I glad your back my friend we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Tom

Nice this is what I was waiting for. New here and was wondering how you advertised. Looking forward to seeing more fish and information on how to order. Thank you.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Nice this is what I was waiting for. New here and was wondering how you advertised. Looking forward to seeing more fish and information on how to order. Thank you.
    The best way to explain is to show. Go to the following link. This will be March, for example. In a few days Kenny will post a thread like this example http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...list-included) . The prices first then the photos. Pick out your fish, then email or call Kenny to place your order. He will email to you the total including shipping. Pay him anyway that he accepts. Maybe PayPal. Kenny will quarantine the fish for about a week and in the meantime he will add to the thread photos of the fish in the tanks and him feeding them worms so you can see that they are hungry and healthy. I have never done it but Kenny may let you pick a specific fish from the thread. What I do is to let him know which strain I want but he knows to send me what he thinks is the best one. And sometimes he will call and tell me that he has something else completely different from what I ordered but he thinks that I will like it better. So be flexible with the ordering and you will end up in a better place. As they say, "Trust me," on this. And do not wait to order because Kenny sells out fast and I think after two months of no fish there could be a pent up demand for his fish. Kenny's fish come from Malaysia. Arguably some of the best breeds in the world. You really win on this with good fish, good price, and Nordstom like customer service.
    Last edited by peewee1; 05-29-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Tom, by the way every month I look forward to Kenny's thread. I seldom buy any but I do like to look at the fish. It makes me chuckle always when I see the fish laid out in the buckets. Most humorous.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Tom

Thanks peewee! I am planning to go your route. I have a 45g right now thats empty. I’m thinking 6 discus and bare bottom. I want small discus. I want to grow them out. I did find 3 types at macs but there are some bad reviews there now and I’m not sure. Waiting to see what else Kenny has. I do plan on going your water change route though I’m thinking 10g a day. Now you do 10% daily but is that for young fish too or adults?

Registered Member
    iTrader

Kenny...so glad you are going to back up and running. I look forward to your monthly listings! I can't help but always find something on your list!

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Thanks peewee! I am planning to go your route. I have a 45g right now thats empty. I’m thinking 6 discus and bare bottom. I want small discus. I want to grow them out. I did find 3 types at macs but there are some bad reviews there now and I’m not sure. Waiting to see what else Kenny has. I do plan on going your water change route though I’m thinking 10g a day. Now you do 10% daily but is that for young fish too or adults?
    I have 4 6.5 inch approx and 1 4.0 inch in 30 gallons. I change about 15% per day. 6 fish in a 45g gallon would be less fish per gallon than I have so you should be okay with that if you do the water changes. Plus I filer the water at around 300 gallons per hour and have a lot of aeration.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    I have 4 6.5 inch approx and 1 4.0 inch in 30 gallons. I change about 15% per day. 6 fish in a 45g gallon would be less fish per gallon than I have so you should be okay with that if you do the water changes. Plus I filer the water at around 300 gallons per hour and have a lot of aeration.
    Hi, I have a 40gal 3 discus now and adding 2 more soon. I have sand and plants and had the Discus for 4 months Im changing 50% 2 times a week. How long you had your 5 discus? Most people does not recommend a 40 or 30gal but I looking for people that does that with success. Thanks

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by fermuscolo View Post
    Hi, I have a 40gal 3 discus now and adding 2 more soon. I have sand and plants and had the Discus for 4 months Im changing 50% 2 times a week. How long you had your 5 discus? Most people does not recommend a 40 or 30gal but I looking for people that does that with success. Thanks
    Remaining sensitive to the intent of the thread which is Kenny's announcement that he will be offering his first offerings since March. I was given the 30 gallon from a long time of more than 40 years Angelfish and Discus breeder and on the side a world renown wildlife photographer and friend of forum owner Al. He recommended to buy 4 4 in fish from Kenny. As it turned out I got 5 because I too at one time raised multiple tanks of wild discus. To answer your question I have had the 5 fish for 18 months. One year ago 2 died so I ordered 3 more from Kenny which put me at 6. Or 1 fish per gallon. From the original order I got one possible pair so yesterday I moved them to their own 20 gallon tank. I will now get one or two more from Kenny, who buy the way is one of if not the foremost seller of fish in the world. You might give Kenny a try. I recommend him, a world famous wild life photographer recommends him, and he is an A number 1 approved forum sponsor. I am changing water once a day for a total change or 100% per week. Bare tank, filtering water at the rate of 300 gallons per hour, 83 degrees. I just removed the aerator and added a wave maker.

Registered Member
    iTrader

I have two from Kenny and my two next will be Kenny's. Beautifull and healthy fish!! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast