AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: My discus aquarium - all comments welcome

Real Name
    Bappu

Default My discus aquarium - all comments welcome

Registered Member

Default Re: My discus aquarium - all comments welcome

Maybe too many fish, but if you change plenty of water every day, it can be ok. Nice fish, BTW.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

They are very nice looking discus with striking colors and your set up is crisp and very clean.
    I agree with unicast on the crowding issue but even with a broad size range in your group there doesn't seem to be any single fish cowering in the corners. They all look super healthy.
    It is typically recommended to have 1 adult discus per 10 gallons of water. How big is your tank? What is your water change schedule? Do you have plans to upgrage tank size or add additional tanks?

It's a beautiful display but you sure do have a lot of fish of different sizes packed in that tank.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Excellent! You have 30 very good looking fish. If that is a 150 gallon or larger aquarium you might be okay as long as you are mindful o of your bio-load. Water change, filtration, and aeration. Living in the Middle East as you do is a heater necessary?

Real Name
    Bappu

Quote Originally Posted by unicast View Post
    Maybe too many fish, but if you change plenty of water every day, it can be ok. Nice fish, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    They are very nice looking discus with striking colors and your set up is crisp and very clean.
    I agree with unicast on the crowding issue but even with a broad size range in your group there doesn't seem to be any single fish cowering in the corners. They all look super healthy.
    It is typically recommended to have 1 adult discus per 10 gallons of water. How big is your tank? What is your water change schedule? Do you have plans to upgrage tank size or add additional tanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    It's a beautiful display but you sure do have a lot of fish of different sizes packed in that tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Excellent! You have 30 very good looking fish. If that is a 150 gallon or larger aquarium you might be okay as long as you are mindful o of your bio-load. Water change, filtration, and aeration. Living in the Middle East as you do is a heater necessary?
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I have shifted my 20 juvies to 200 litres aquarium and this aquarium is 400 litres.

Good move. It made for a pretty picture but it was way too many fish for a 200 liter tank.
    Mama Bear