ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Source for medications

Registered Member

Default Source for medications

Hi,

I’m looking to purchase medications to have on hand should I need them. I did search previous threads however most where from many years ago. So I hope you don’t mind me asking where do you currently get medications from for your Discus? Which do you like to have on hand?

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

John

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Source for medications

I keep metro and Kanamycin on hand. Both can be found at Angels Plus. Metro is cheaper from Jehmco.com but they don't sell Kanamycin anymore. However, they do sell Neomycin. Nitrofurizone is another good med to have on hand.

Meds aren't usually an immediate requirement and are only a day or 2 away if needed. Take care of your water and hopefully none will ever be needed.

Real Name
    Willie

If you do get medication, be sure to mark the date of purchase on the package and keep in the freezer.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

The freezer?!

I'd like to know why the freezer as well. When I buy fish food in bulk I vacuum pack it and freeze it. I've never frozen my meds before. I keep metro and furan II on hand. Right now I have levasol as well. I get everything I can from Jehmco because they are so kind there. They actually do the math for me when I want to use a different dosage from what is recommended on the label.
    Mama Bear

Well, I'll be darned. I've always used drugs that are past date. Fish meds especially! I've always had good results with the recommended dosages with the expired drugs Now there's evidence that says that what I have done all my life is correct!
    Mama Bear