AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how many fish tanks do you have?

Default how many fish tanks do you have?

Not just how many
    where are they located
    how many are devoted to Discus
    If some are devoted to other fish, what fish are they?

I'll have to answer my first question when I go to the fish room in the morning and count. The number of tanks I have is always changing.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: how many fish tanks do you have?

I have 6 tanks dedicated to discus, one tank dedicated to ABN's (soon to be 3 tanks) and 5 more sitting empty. All but the ABN tank are in my finally remodeled fish room/spare bedroom. After I finish the next phase of my remodeling project, I'm planning on a 200+g tank.

Registered Member

I started with 2, I made them myself. Then 5, 4 for discus breeding and 1 saltwater. Marriage ended it all but I did manage to sneak a small community tank into the baby's room. To this day Little Ricky tell's me how much he enjoyed watching the fish as he lay in bed as he was going to sleep. Then none. But now 2. One for the general population of discus and 1 breeding tank. I would have more but it was a battle just getting the breeding tank. When LR finishes his study and moves out I suspect I will be able to expand my empire unabated.

Living room.. 125 g discus

Office..1 each 75 gal, 4 each 55 gals,1 ea 29 gal breeder,2 each 40 gal breeders... all discus. ONE 40 gal breeder leopard plecos

Fish room
    1 each 125 gal
    2 each 75 gal
    2 each 55 gal
    8 each 29 gal breeders
    All discus

2 each 10 gal bristle nose tanks

Thats about it currently ..Im at a relatively conservative tank number for me.

AL
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-08-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: forgot tank
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Right now I do not have any discus

I have 2 x 125gals, one in eat in kitchen, one in basement. My wife's fav fish is the Texas cichlid so I have a CA display in the kitchen. In the basement tank I have a group of 7 wild aequidens diadama from Rio Jenaro Herrera in Peru, and some gold Barb's, roseline Barb's and a few other. The tank is divided because the "peaceful" aquedens annihilated a bunch of 2-3" tetra's and barb's, lol. 1 of the males is sitting on eggs this am. I am hoping they hatch this time as this aquedens variety substrate spawn but then mouth brood the fry. Here's a few pics of them...
    IMG_20200607_224138_01.jpg

IMG_20200607_224132_01.jpg

IMG_20200603_214524.jpg

IMG_20200603_214208.jpg

IMG_20200608_082124.jpg

Real Name
    Shan

@Al

Holy tanks! That's quite a number! I bet it's amazing to see so many discus. The amount of hard work and determination to have that many tanks is nothing to scoff at. Keep being our inspiration man.

@dano

Wow those photos are amazing. Your texas chiclid tank setup looks legit amazing. No brainer one of those tanks that leave you breathless and stare at for hours. Crystal clear water.

As for myself. I still consider myself a newbie (at least until I can keep discus properly), and I have one 55 and a 10g for a pleco and some tetras. I'll definitely upgrade in the future, but it's hard to have more room to put tanks in a 1200 sqft townhome. Also the boss lady says no
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post

I have 2 x 125gals, one in eat in kitchen, one in basement. My wife's fav fish is the Texas cichlid so I have a CA display in the kitchen. In the basement tank I have a group of 7 wild aequidens diadama from Rio Jenaro Herrera in Peru, and some gold Barb's, roseline Barb's and a few other. The tank is divided because the "peaceful" aquedens annihilated a bunch of 2-3" tetra's and barb's, lol. 1 of the males is sitting on eggs this am. I am hoping they hatch this time as this aquedens variety substrate spawn but then mouth brood the fry. Here's a few pics of them...

IMG_20200603_214524.jpg

IMG_20200603_214208.jpg

IMG_20200608_082124.jpg
    Beautiful Fish Danny, Bruisers but beautiful ones!!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I just counted mine up. I have 24 in all.
    a 125 rainbow fish tank and 30 a red shrimp tank in the office
    In the fish room there are 2 40 breeders one with a Discus pair, one sitting empty waiting for another pair 20 with some plecos, magenta mystery snails, and some red shrimp that found their way in there on plants
    1 29 with blue shrimp and another with Discus grow outs, 1 with tiny Pearl Gourami babies and Long finned Albino BN
    6 60 wides
    4 are sitting empty, one houses a bunch of Bristlenose another has some tiny bosemani rainbow fish babies
    2 90's sitting empty
    3 100's 1 is a community Discus tank, one planted that used to house the Discus for a while but now dedicated to Sterbais L144 bristle nose, and (please forigve me) a ton of young red Platy's and 1 sitting empty
    4 10's 3 for rams and 1 sitting empty
    1 5 gallon, empty
    also, I have a 20 and 29 that I am using to age water
    I think that's it.

A few years back a lot of these tanks were slam full of angles, but I got tired of them and sold them all.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

You got it goin on Liz...dang girl...love the varoety...I didn't mean to hijack your thread with pics of my aquedens mate, sorry...

Al that's a bunch you have goin on as well...you go bloke!!

@Shan.. thanks mate...the pictures tank is the aquedens tank in the basement though...here's a FTS of the Texas tank...it's a little tannin stained from all the wood but you get the idea...
    MVIMG_20200608_104209.jpg
    Last edited by danotaylor; 06-08-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Real Name
    Frank

Neat. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post

IMG_20200603_214524.jpg

IMG_20200603_214208.jpg

IMG_20200608_082124.jpg

8 tanks

1 - 60 gallon with discus pair, dark ram pair, and (temporarily- 30 Ram fry).
    1- 180- discus, geophagus sveni, biotodoma cupidos, 4 different varieties of African tetras, dark Ram pair, altum angels
    1- 30 gallon- otocinclus, wild shrimp, and Royal blue Orange eye tiger shrimp, c, babaulti 'zebra' shrimp.
    1-30 gallon- 2 pair of EBR/GBR (all rams in my tanks from Tom, of course) and 35 dark ram fry.
    1 -9 gallon - 10 Pure Red line shrimp
    1-5.4 Gallon- 10 Pure Black Line Shrimp
    1-5 Gallon- Countless Golden- back Yellow Neo's and OE Royal Blue tigers
    1-10 Gallon- at present one pair of EBR/GBR for breeding.

Yeah, Im a little crazy about shrimp.

Here is a video of the Golden- back Yellow Neo's and OE Royal Blue tigers
    https://vimeo.com/383193280

A video of the beautiful EBR's/GBR's got from Tom recently:

https://vimeo.com/424235767
    Last edited by Discluv; 06-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Real Name
    Brendan

4 tanks.
    1 tank(180 gal) to discus located in the wall between the lounge room and my office. Then in my office I have 2 16 Gal HT/QT and 75 gal dedicated to red cherry shrimp that I sell on the side.
    21 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanJ23 View Post
    4 tanks.
    7 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful
    Brendan,
    I like the species list.. mines similar
    "Lots of Discus, 7 Red footed Tortoises , 2 pairs albino Rat Snakes, 4 juvenile rat snakes, 8 Chickens, 3 cats, 2 kids, and a wife..Phew ...what a mouthful.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

In that case I'll add 20 chickens, 6 dogs, a horse and a cat.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

I have 50 tanks running now ,not one empty but some lightly stocked ,some not so lightly !
    3 of them are housing discus and the rest go to swordtails and rams .
    1 65g has all my angels still as I have not split them up proper yet ..
    I do not count my 180g in my living room ever when I count tanks or my 120g reef and 75g paladarium .None of those tanks are in the fish room[s] so they don't really count , right ?
    When I drilled a hole in my living room floor to run my sump for the 180 in the basement that was the beginning of the fish room[s] I love so much today .
    A day without fish is like a day without sunshine IMO …
    I was told I would know when I was getting carried away ..Those people are lucky I am running out of room for more tanks !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast