AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    iTrader
    0

    Default Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Does anyone have photos of the strain Mac's Discus carries as the "Peruvian Green Discus"?

    This one:
    https://macsdiscus.com/peruvian-gree...s-fish-2-inch/

    (I asked him for more photos but he said no )

  2. #2
    Registered Member sanjay21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    651
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    If the seller is not willing to take the time to send pictures to customer, then I would stay away from them....

  3. #3
    Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,163
    Blog Entries
    4
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Sounds like a red flag to me also.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening


  4. #4
    Administrator jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    O.P. KS
    Posts
    5,102
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Brian

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    I would agree. The times I've asked for photos and been refused, I was not happy with what I received.

  5. #5
    Homesteader pastry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,274
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    If the seller is not willing to take the time to send pictures to customer, then I would stay away from them....
    100% agree. His website doesn't have multiple images of a single strain either. I've DROOLED over the Emerald Green one since I first saw it in LFS magazine in 90's... guess what... that's the same exact picture. The 2 I ordered from him will not look anything like that (but apparently he thinks experienced hobbyists can't tell... just like how he thought he'd fool me with sending me a PB when I ordered a red rose)
    -Elliot

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,403
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    100% agree. His website doesn't have multiple images of a single strain either. I've DROOLED over the Emerald Green one since I first saw it in LFS magazine in 90's... guess what... that's the same exact picture. The 2 I ordered from him will not look anything like that (but apparently he thinks experienced hobbyists can't tell... just like how he thought he'd fool me with sending me a PB when I ordered a red rose)
    I might be wrong but I think it is Kenny who has a photo posted of every fish that he is selling. Others seem to be willing to, Dennis I think, provide separate photos on request. Which PB did you get?

  7. #7
    Homesteader pastry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,274
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think it is Kenny who has a photo posted of every fish that he is selling. Others seem to be willing to, Dennis I think, provide separate photos on request. Which PB did you get?
    Lol... PeeWee, you're right, but I meant Mac doesn't EVER update any pics (the Emerald green pic on his site is the EXACT photo he used in magazine ads pre-internet).

    Kenny and many others on here aren't afraid to show actual fish they've got... unlike Mac. If I had seen pic of the EGs I got beforehand then I wouldn't have gotten them. They look like they'll end up being low grade spotted turquoise (leopards?). They're still growing crazy fast but that strain isn't my cup of tea. Those 2 and the PB will probably end up in my wife's classroom aquarium (whenever school opens back up).

    The PB is like an old school Marlboro. "eh"

    I still really like the 2 RCs I got... but they aren't RCs... at least not what you'd see on Kenny's, Chicago's, Golden State's, Carolina's, and the other solid sponsors we have on SD. He should call them Alenquers (blue face masks and minor head striping, beautiful rich brown base) but he's probably thinking he can make $10-15 more off them by labeling them RCs. It's a shame because they're still in my favorite category of brown based reds but ... it's not what I ordered. Yeah... not a fan of AT ALL of Mac's and wouldn't rant much but he took a solid review I prematurely gave him, kept it, and then I realized too late he misled me. Lesson learned... don't buy 1.5" discus from sources you don't trust. I'm not saying don't by 1.5" discus, but do due diligence (other people were awesome in past with pics of parent fish, etc)
    -Elliot

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,403
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Lol... PeeWee, you're right, but I meant Mac doesn't EVER update any pics (the Emerald green pic on his site is the EXACT photo he used in magazine ads pre-internet).

    Kenny and many others on here aren't afraid to show actual fish they've got... unlike Mac. If I had seen pic of the EGs I got beforehand then I wouldn't have gotten them. They look like they'll end up being low grade spotted turquoise (leopards?). They're still growing crazy fast but that strain isn't my cup of tea. Those 2 and the PB will probably end up in my wife's classroom aquarium (whenever school opens back up).

    The PB is like an old school Marlboro. "eh"

    I still really like the 2 RCs I got... but they aren't RCs... at least not what you'd see on Kenny's, Chicago's, Golden State's, Carolina's, and the other solid sponsors we have on SD. He should call them Alenquers (blue face masks and minor head striping, beautiful rich brown base) but he's probably thinking he can make $10-15 more off them by labeling them RCs. It's a shame because they're still in my favorite category of brown based reds but ... it's not what I ordered. Yeah... not a fan of AT ALL of Mac's and wouldn't rant much but he took a solid review I prematurely gave him, kept it, and then I realized too late he misled me. Lesson learned... don't buy 1.5" discus from sources you don't trust. I'm not saying don't by 1.5" discus, but do due diligence (other people were awesome in past with pics of parent fish, etc)
    Elliott, are you feeding the RC Al's bio FDBW? You would get more red from them as I understand it.

  9. #9
    Homesteader pastry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,274
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    Al put on a red suit & white beard last week then broke into my house via the chimney... left me a ton of FDBW cubes, then I thought he was going to pick his nose and POOF... he was gone. Could've just mailed them to me ... but hell yeah I'm feeding them his FDBWs! It's like crack to them
    -Elliot

  10. #10
    Homesteader pastry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,274
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Any photo's of Mac's "Peruvian Green" strain?

    p.s. - the hell with Mac's discus
    -Elliot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress