AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy day today :).

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Busy day today :).

They are coming along nicely Tom!! Nice vibrant colors. Great example of the accelerated growth of the PB strains. Nice tank & fish

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Those are indeed some happy looking fish!

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks all. Daniel all but the German wonders are growing. And they do seem weaker than the others. One has stoped eating the other is still eating but on the bottom of the pecking order. It’s a shame I do like them. May put them in a 15 by themselves.

Real Name
    Tom

Well did not have a good week this week. On Monday a lost a phase leg and the ground on my electric panel. Melted by the pole for some reason. It shut down some of my tanks (the new guys) and had my other tanks running on a phase leg no no street ground and only the panel ground. So instead of 110 I had a fluctuating 76-96 volts. So only some of the filters worked. Of course I was at work when this happened. Took about 3hrs for me to get home and plug the heater and air pump in on the new guys. So that tank is all skittish all week. Still have one not eating and now maybe 2 others joining him . So after I get the electric fixed I do water changes on all tanks. Tues I skip water changes and on wed I blow out my knee. Not a great week. Couldn’t miss 2 days so did change the water for the new guys but that was it. Also lights are messed up on their tank and find them at full bright at 4 am. So yes they’re still skittish. All other tanks are fine but the new guys.
    Decided to move the one non eater to a 15g tank but as would be none of my aqueon heater are working correctly. Can’t get them to 84* and my brand new aqueon pro lights up but that’s it. I do hate heaters!!! Well it can only get better . Well I hope!

Registered Member

Too much stress for just on guy, Tom. But what about the clock? Did you save Baby Big Ben? Was all of the power out on Lawn Guyland? Or did did they pick on just you man cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Well did not have a good week this week. On Monday a lost a phase leg and the ground on my electric panel. Melted by the pole for some reason. It shut down some of my tanks (the new guys) and had my other tanks running on a phase leg no no street ground and only the panel ground. So instead of 110 I had a fluctuating 76-96 volts. So only some of the filters worked. Of course I was at work when this happened. Took about 3hrs for me to get home and plug the heater and air pump in on the new guys. So that tank is all skittish all week. Still have one not eating and now maybe 2 others joining him . So after I get the electric fixed I do water changes on all tanks. Tues I skip water changes and on wed I blow out my knee. Not a great week. Couldn’t miss 2 days so did change the water for the new guys but that was it. Also lights are messed up on their tank and find them at full bright at 4 am. So yes they’re still skittish. All other tanks are fine but the new guys.
    Decided to move the one non eater to a 15g tank but as would be none of my aqueon heater are working correctly. Can’t get them to 84* and my brand new aqueon pro lights up but that’s it. I do hate heaters!!! Well it can only get better . Well I hope!
    And your JETS just traded their best player..... that is a tough week!

Mark

Real Name
    Tom

No no it’s the jets and that the best move they’ve made in years!! 2 first round picks for a player that did t want to be here. Yes good move and good bye. Good luck Seattle.
    Last edited by Iminit; 07-25-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Registered Member

No no it’s the jets and that the best move they’ve made in years!! 2 first round picks for a player that did t want to be here. Yes good move and good bye. Good luck Seattle.
    The people in Seattle are already buying Super Bowl tickets, Tom. They are of the opinion that they got Hey-zeus Cryst himself for 2 first picks. Too bad that the Jets could have some how thrown in your super clock so that all in attendance at Century Link Field would know what the local time was.

Real Name
    Tom

Peewee you crack me up!! Big Ben survived the power outage (batteries). Yes the outage was localized to my house .

Registered Member

Peewee you crack me up!! Big Ben survived the power outage (batteries). Yes the outage was localized to my house .
    Tom may one day you achieve a discus to rival that of your clock in size.

Real Name
    Tom

Still skittish in the new tank. Didn’t have this problem with my first group in the planted tank. No signs of anything wrong just not eating. 3 now. Tanks a 45g with 8 3-4” discus. 75% daily water changes. Raised the temp to 86. All 3 swim to food than stop and swim away. Qt tank is ready and I will remove the first non eater today. Will also move the driftwood around and see if that works. The 5 eaters are still doing great. Had a non eater the first time around but it only lasted around 2 weeks. But it never grew to the size of the others. Water is all good. Water quality is perfect on all tests.

Real Name
    Tom

Here’s a pic of the non eater. 1641BFBE-9A2E-4E70-9C42-27C651A24A31.jpg.

Registered Member

Water change, temperature increase, plus a variety of food and consider soaking in liquid garlic. I have created a blend of 5 foods. Some of it floats and some of it sinks. TetraColor, Bug Bites, freeze dry beef hart (or as daughter Ellie Mae calls it "bee farts", plus Al's freeze dry black worms, one other. Plus, as you do anyway some frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. I've that some fish like to peck around on the bottom or floating food even hours later. From my fishing days I noticed that at times the fish will "bite" all at the same time and then you sit for hours waiting for them to "bite" again. The fish don't communicate this to one another but for some reason they all decide to eat at the same time. Could be change of lighting, slight water temperature change, moon/tidal change, variation in water flow...who knows. Seachem Entice food enhancer provides Scent and flavor for your finicky fish friends.

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Not recommending this as I am not a pro fish keeper like most of you are.
    Last time this happened here I raised the temp to 91 degrees as per the advise online from Mac's Discus and Willie.

VOILA Problem solved.

I purchased one of these heaters. I love this thing. Just a couple clicks and the heat is right were you want it.
    Worth the extra $$$ IMO

https://www.amazon.com/Heating-Aquar...XGBJQER2HAXDT9
    Last edited by Vinni Smith; 07-28-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni Smith View Post
    Not recommending this as I am not a pro fish keeper like most of you are.
    Last time this happened here I raised the temp to 91 degrees as per the advise online from Mac's Discus and Willie.

VOILA Problem solved.
    Steve and Willie both savvy guys.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast