AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Ordering from Kenny tips

Default Ordering from Kenny tips

Hello,

I've been ordering from Kenny whenever I can since I got the Discus bug years back. There's lots of well deserved feedback out there, so I thought I would give a few tips to perspective buyers:

1. As good as his customer service is, his discus are better. (OK, maybe that ones a toss up)
    2. If Kenny gives you a recommendation listen! I've made that mistake before and learned a valuable lesson!
    3. You snooze you lose! Yup, made this mistake too. I've contemplated and missed out. His fish sell out fast so be ready.
    4. It's better to ask for forgiveness than it is permission. Yes, like many others I have ordered more than my wife knew about. Fortunately, I have a comfortable couch
    5. Never order just 1. I've done that before too and regretted it because there's always room for 2!
    6. Make sure you have a really sharp pair of scissors. His packaging is top notch. If you don't have a sharp pair of scissors it will take you months to saw through the bags.
    7. As nice as the pictures he posts look, the fish are always better in person!

Just got a couple more and man they are awesome!

Thanks,

Mark

Registered Member

Default Re: Ordering from Kenny tips

Expanding on what Mark stated.

1. Customer service- think Norstrom for years known for their legendary customer service.
    2 Listen to recommendation- I myself have placed an order only to be told there is something better. Ask for a recommendation. I can say no more.
    3. Snooze and lose- Pre order. Say something like, "Kenny, I am looking for a special something for next month. Please keep me in mind. I want 6 of them."
    4. Ask for forgiveness- On the day the sneaker fish arrive give the spouse a gift equal to the cost of the extra fish. That way she/he can't raise too much of a stink because of the equal consideration.
    5. Never order 1- Kenny himself has told it's best to order more than one. Shipping for two is the same cost for one. A true money saver. Example, if the shipping cost for 1 is 100 beans but for 2 is also 100 beans and if you divide that 100 in half that is 50 per fish. Which means you saved 50 and if the fish cost 50 then you just got yourself a free fish.
    6. Sharp scissors- How did you get by with just scissors, Mark? I got my fish today and had to use a jack-hammer to help them gain their freedom. There is an unexpected bonus to this. Adding cardboard box, styra-foam box, 7 double thick plastic bags, air pillows, and the sports section of the South China Morning Post you have yourself about $10 in packing materials that if saved could be used for shipping anything fragile to grandma on her next birthday.
    7. Nice pictures- Same theory applies to Playboy magazine (by the way this is the last month for the print edition) photos look nice but...
    Last edited by peewee1; 06-16-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Here's a couple really crappy pictures of some really nice fish that I recieved yesterday from Kenny. Excuse the dirty glass. I don't like to bother them much the first couple days. Both very healthy and eating.

- Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Very nice Mark. Vibrant colors!

Registered Member

The photos are fine, Mark. Very nice selection.

So that is really a terrible pic of the blue tiger turq lol...20200618_174225.jpgso I need to post another that shows its shape better.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    The photos are fine, Mark. Very nice selection.
    Peewee, let's see a pic of that Ica red. I thought about getting 1 too!

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Very nice Mark. Vibrant colors!
    Thank you.... the 3R is bright red, almost blinding it's so bright

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by above design View Post
    Peewee, let's see a pic of that Ica red. I thought about getting 1 too!
    I do not have a camera but I bought one for Little Ricky for when he took his trip to Korea. So I am at least a part owner. I will again to get him to take some photos for me. You know that Ica Red is so fat that its eyes seem to be sunk into head. She is obese. I may put the little lady onto a diet.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by above design View Post
    Thank you.... the 3R is bright red, almost blinding it's so bright
    I was blinded
    Oh mama, oh mama
    I was blinded
    Oh mama, oh mama
    I was blinded by the light

Greetings all,

So I ended qt early because when I bought these I forgot that we might be going on vacation. I decided to put them in display tank so I can watch them for a couple weeks rather than leaving them by themselves if I leave. Here's a couple better pics (i hope)

Mark20200701_194429.jpg20200701_193736.jpg