ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Discus Tank

Default Re: Newbie Discus Tank

I've heard that the best ones go to Japan where they get big money for them, but it sucks that you who live there can't get your hands on just a few. Go to the Amazon and try to find people who know their stuff that you like and like you back. Surely you will find someone who can help you.

See you after Covid (whenever that happens) and best of luck with the new job involving travel. Take your masks. Poor Brazil is in a mess as far as the virus goes.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Newbie Discus Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Ann View Post
    Hi all. Some sad-ish news. I've had a change of circumstances (a promotion!) which I anticipate will mean more work...a.k.a. less time. I also anticipate more travel. To that end, I don't think it's wise to get into Discus at this time. I'm going to continue building a blackwater tank but it will be a community tank that can be maintained with a weekly water change. Since I know discus will likely need more than that, I don't think it's wise to go full steam ahead. Once I get a better handle on what life will be like post-covid with the new job, I'll have a chance to reassess. I want to thank everyone for the support and encouragement! This is a great community. FYI....it is RIDICULOUS how hard it is to get my hands on wild discus here in Brazil. Many companies fish them out of the Amazon and send them worldwide....but if you ask if they ship within Brazil, it's a no or a minimum order of 20 fish! I was surprised. It is possible to get wilds, just not as easy as you would think living right by the source! That being said, I probably need to do more research. Best wishes everyone!
    Congratulations on your promotion, and smart move on holding off with getting discus for awhile. Good luck with everything.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123