ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: PP treatment

Default PP treatment

After resting my Discus from the metro treatment they had, today I am doing a PP treatment. Everything is going well. Still have an hour and a quarter left. I watch the color of the water to decide on whether or not I need to add more solution so I keep a good eye on them.

Wouldn't you just know. My pair that's on try #6 and they're making love to the cone during this. No eggs yet. I just hope they can put the deed off until I can neutralize the PP and give them all new water.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: PP treatment

Prophylactic treatment to clean up the parents Liz?

I saw a problem in my babies so I treated all 3 Discus tanks. I see no different in my adults. They were asymptomatic anyway. But the kids are doing noticeably better. The pair shows the same love making to the cone. They're probably waiting until I go to bed. That's fine with me. I just didn't want the eggs from round 6 being oxidized by PP.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Okay gotcha mate, sounds good...preserving the health of the generation to come... noice!
    Can you refresh my memory as to the discus fry you are raising now...which pair are they from? Get em discus mama!

They are sib to sib breedings from my grand daddy domestic RSG male and female spotted Blue Scorpion. Their mother committed suicide and their dad hasn't been able to get it down for his daughters since. I'm working on very blue spotted snake skin.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Awesome Liz. How many fry from them are you currently raising?
    SBSSS; Streithorst Blue Spotted Snake Skin, noice!!

I don't have that many, Danny. I've spoken before about the curse on me and this strain. This is the spawn where I sent most of the overboard when I was filling tanks after WC and I didn't realize that the water was overflowing their tank.

My babies have been eating everything I toss in the tank with such gusto! Even more interesting it looks like I have a new pair forming in the community tank. They're doing some heavy flirting around the cone in the tank. We'll see if anything comes of it.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

I remember you mentioning the overflow situation...sorry to bring it up again mate. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the fry when you're ready to post them.
    Is the fitting pair a good match up in your estimation? A pair you'd like to work with in your SBSSS staring development?

Yes Danny. Except for the 3 SS I kept from when I got my few babies from Al, my SBSSS are all I have. Al's don't really fit in to my breeding program as I hoped they would, but they are such excellent quality fish that I can't stand the thought of selling them. It won't be long before they start getting into the breeding mood. I'll decide what to do with them when that time comes.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Awesome mate...all the best as the SBSSS project continues!!

You're such a sweetheart, Danny. You named my strain and I like it. I have no clue why I like my last name as much as I do. I married a Johnson and the normal thing would have been to change myself to Johnson but I wouldn't. I was actually somewhat hard headed about it. Johnson's are a dime a dozen, but you aren't likely to come upon a Streithorst.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Daniel

Lol, thanks Liz! I'm a strain namer, wow, that's a highly respected position in the discus world, haha.
    Streithorst is a unique name for sure. Is its origin German? I have never met one in my life, until now, even traveling to 26 different countries!

Yes, it's German. It's not a common name even there.
    Mama Bear