ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What strain of discus are these?????????????????????????? Or what could they be......

Registered Member

Default Re: What strain of discus are these?????????????????????????? Or what could they be..

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    You may not find any true stains anymore. Almost all cultivated discus are genetically mixed.
    Exactly, only true strain were Wattlley's. Turquoise, Schmidt Focke Red Turquoise, Sunny Low's Blue Diamond then there were mutations PigeonBloods from Kitti. Currently
    mostly everything are hybrid cross with another hybrid. The results are a mix of
    different colors.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 07-05-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: What strain of discus are these?????????????????????????? Or what could they be..

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Exactly, only true strain were Wattlley's. Turquoise, Schmidt Focke Red Turquoise, Sunny Low's Blue Diamond then there were mutations PigeonBloods from Kitti. Currently
    mostly everything are hybrid cross with another hybrid. The results are a mix of
    different colors.

Cliff
    Thanks, Cliff. I was aware of the Wattley Turk but not the others.Thanks for the information. This thread alerted me to cross and hybrid. I wonder about the Alenquer pair that I have. A Red paired with an Ica Red. Both Alenquer but unknown what ever else might be mixed in to those two fish. I would suspect that F1 would be Alenquer but a mix of Red with possible few with Heckle bar. I also seem to have two gay males trying. With that one I predict 0% anything for F0.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Johnny

I think your red snakeskin really is a pigeon snakeskin. The fish in the picture is a pigeon blood as shown by the presence of a red eye, while a true snakeskin would have a bluish eye. You probably were right about the breeder taking the fish from the wrong tank. Just my two cents tho. And for the other fish, it could be a pigeon blood silver. Many specimens can show heavy peppering in a dark tank, more so than his other pigeons.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Pewee, how about Mary Hartman- Mary Hartman. That's how I remember it. lol

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    Pewee, how about Mary Hartman- Mary Hartman. That's how I remember it. lol
    Jimmy Joe Jeeter was the kid on Mary Hartman.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Jimmy Joe Jeeter was the kid on Mary Hartman.
    I resemble that remark thank you....................Jim in Ohio

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoe View Post
    I resemble that remark thank you....................Jim in Ohio
    Nuk yuk!

Real Name
    Jon

HELP !

Can anybody help determine what strain this couple of mine is. According to myself the male is a Red Pigeon Blood and the female is a Brilliant Turquoise. Let me know if u think differently pls.
    Tia, Jon

Red Pigeon Blood.jpg

Brilliant Turquoise.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sal Carmona

Just wondering if the feed could have altered their color. I have heard that with certain foods the yellows will turn orange or reddish. I have a yellow crystal that is getting an orange hue to him. He was definitely yellow when I purchased him a couple months ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12