ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Greetings from Texas

Real Name
    Fritz

Default Greetings from Texas

Hello,
    New to the forum would like to say hi. These are my discus. Raised them up from pups. Got my first pair out of them. 55 gallon and 29 gallon. Have 10 tanks with everything from micro fish, chili raspboras, clawed frogs, crawdads, to discus.

Aquarium addiction is shared with my daughter who is a medic in the army stationed in Oklahoma. I am a nurse who spent years in hospitals but now is primarily home health. Love my patient, close to home and stable.

Our house is really a zoo, dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, and of course lots of fish. hehe.

Look forward to learning and sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Greetings from Texas

G'day Fritz and welcome to SD mate. Nice looking tanks. Loads to learn & share here, glad you jumped in!
    I am an RN as well, working in a busy Cardiac Unit as an Open Heart Recovery nurse. The pace of home health care sounds inviting

Gee, it sounds like you and I would be best friends if we lived closer. I don't have the variety of aquatic things you have but I have 5 dogs, a cat, a horse, and 23 chickens. I live in the sticks so all my critters can free range. They don't tend to wander although I do have to confine the horse to her pasture and shed during hunting season because my neighhbor likes to put out corn for them and the horse finds it and eats it. He doesn't hunt. He just enjoys watching them. I do, too when they jump into my pasture.

How do you raise crawdads?
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    The pace of home health care sounds inviting
    I was on a Med Surge and Rehab floor for years. Love Home Health. In fact in there now. Patient is asleep. Look forward to learn lots.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Gee, it sounds like you and I would be best friends if we lived closer. I don't have the variety of aquatic things you have but I have 5 dogs, a cat, a horse, and 23 chickens. I live in the sticks so all my critters can free range.

How do you raise crawdads?
    All
    We have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 25-30 chickens, and 2 ducks. We raise them and give them to neighbors etc. May start selling them. We live in the sticks to. All our critters are free range. Love the eggs, cant eat store bought anymore.
    We bought 40 pounds of crawdads for a boil and threw a few in a tank. Still got em, that was almost 2 years ago. lol
    Last edited by famtsberg; 07-07-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Tom

Welcome Fritz!
    Your discus have nice colors .
    As another animal lover /fish keeper you should fit right in here ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?