AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild spawing numero dos

Registered Member

Default Re: Wild spawing numero dos

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Lol...Norm you crack me up
    Well, I guess that I will wait for the trip to Home Depot as it turns out. Yet after 48 hours there but remains only between 10 tp 15 eggs and no wigglers yet. The parents are still fighting for control of the flower pot. Their learning is going to have to be co-parenting. I think that after this plays out that I will bump the temperature up from 80 to 82.

Registered Member

At about 50 hours I see a few wigglers. There maybe 10 left in this batch. The male is so protective and has not yet allowed the female near. A 20% water change and I cleaned the sponge filter and shut off the external filter so that if these 10 free swim they will not get sucked up into the filter. I also dramatically cranked the temperature up 2 degrees. The pair was doing fine at 80 degrees so I thought that I would see what 82 did. I added salt to help the female because she was looking a little battle scared. I keep thinking that the male will eventually leave her alone but not so far. It is good that the male is so protective but he seems to view his mate as a threat. Maybe he will change his attitude when the fry free swim.
    Last edited by peewee1; 07-19-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Registered Member

Here is a learning opportunity with regard to pair fighting. It's common for pairs to fight. This from John Nicholson Auguts 2014 "...Lots of pairs fight. They will normally work it out if left alone. In all of my years I have never had them kill each other. I have have lots of damage that healed up but never a death. Probably to late to put them back together right now but after this spawn I would just leave them together if it was me."

-john

Real Name
    Frank

Norm, I had my pairs and fry at 84F. I think you will be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12