AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Meeting up for Beer, Burger and Fish Talk.... BrewMaster or CoralBandit ?

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Default Meeting up for Beer, Burger and Fish Talk.... BrewMaster or CoralBandit ?

Al and Tom,

Peter here. I'm in Upstate New York this week and next. Here for an emergency work trip as an essential worker. Just arrived from Arizona yesterday. I'll fly back home next Wednesday.

I'll work all week, but not the weekend. So, I'd like to visit one of you guys, buy you lunch and beer... Tours of your fishrooms are optional... I don't have any expectations.

I'm holed up in the Hilton Airport Inn, doing the quarantine while awaiting the Covid19 test results from this morning's test over at the SUNY campus. I know it will be negative, because I took one in Arizona last week just before we arranged this trip (seems like a waste of everyone's time if I got here and was a symptomless carrier of the thing...) and I was negative. Should be able to start On-Site work on Tuesday evening

Al, we've been communicating since 2003 and have never met in person, and all of those years I've had in Mexico just didn't make it practical. Tom, your are a breeder of my favorite fish and I've enjoyed watching what you've accomplished with the Rams.Anyway, I'm willing to make the drive to Connecticut or Saratoga on Saturday or Sunday for Beer, Burgers and Fish Talk.

Anyway, I'll shoot you guys a PM with my cel phone number.
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Meeting up for Beer, Burger and Fish Talk.... BrewMaster or CoralBandit ?

PM sent Peter .
    I am available this weekend .
    Was thinking of taking a road trip to DiscusMadness in NJ since I have not visited since last year before lockdown ..
    Hopefully we can meet up .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Meeting up for Beer, Burger and Fish Talk.... BrewMaster or CoralBandit ?

I wanna come as well...designated driver??

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    A worthy offer, Dano. That Discus Madness place slooks like an interesting venture to me. I took a look at their web store. I had never seen one of those bulldog discus before. I am now going to withhold comment for fear I might offend.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Would love to meet up with as many people as possible as time go by ..I think the 'fish convention' if still on is in NJ this fall like the last two years I went also ..
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    A worthy offer, Dano. That Discus Madness place slooks like an interesting venture to me. I took a look at their web store. I had never seen one of those bulldog discus before. I am now going to withhold comment for fear I might offend.
    I will comment on those ..I am not thrilled and have to wonder if they have the same genetic malfunctions as balloon fish?
    DiscusMadness imports from Shahar Danziger in Israel who is the creator of 'Dantum' angels and the Black ram .
    I hope to score some of his discus .He has received awards for his red ; http://www.danziger-discus.com/About_E.html
    Got rams ?

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

We will see how this quarantine goes. State granted me essential worker status with just a test needed to proceed.... the County ordered me to stay in my hotel for two weeks (I'm not even here for two weeks). Nightmare.... Day 4 in this hotel room.... trying to work remotely and keep my clients happy during a factory powerup/startup.... Hopefully I will get the test results today... and with two tests that are negative in under two weeks, hopefully cooler heads will prevail and permit me to render my essential services, while following all preventative measures, and then get back home.

Not sure how much travel I will be able to do over the weekend at all..
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
    We will see how this quarantine goes. State granted me essential worker status with just a test needed to proceed.... the County ordered me to stay in my hotel for two weeks (I'm not even here for two weeks). Nightmare.... Day 4 in this hotel room.... trying to work remotely and keep my clients happy during a factory powerup/startup.... Hopefully I will get the test results today... and with two tests that are negative in under two weeks, hopefully cooler heads will prevail and permit me to render my essential services, while following all preventative measures, and then get back home.

Not sure how much travel I will be able to do over the weekend at all..
    Welcome to NY !
    Our wonderful governor travels and does not quarantine [his own words] since he is an 'essential worker ' !
    Makes me wonder if I need to ever quarantine as I too am essential ! I have not missed one day of work yet due to the covid .
    Most my work has been on state buildings which 'needed' the work more then citizen owned buildings I guess ??
    I do wear a mask when out in public and have not gone to one indoor restaurant yet since lock down .
    I am not comfortable with how things are going here personally ..We may look good on the map but in honesty the other states just look as bad as we did so that does not make us good IMO ..
    I expected NY to have a second wave whether from out of staters or just our own 'locals' misbehaving ..
    I personally think peoples behavior is the biggest issue with all of this ...
    Got rams ?