AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alenquer Red (Wild) x Curipera cross (Domestic)

Default Alenquer Red (Wild) x Curipera cross (Domestic)

Im so excited that I could extend my Curipera gene further more. Curipera cross I bred and raised paired up with wild caught Red Alenquer. Wild Red Alenquer has a beautiful red coloration and I’m hoping it passes on to some of the fry. Both the parents carry halo.
    6D3889A8-CCE1-48DB-9AAF-2D579BD50266.jpg
    75B7F9B0-BE15-41DA-8221-FEE80B14F561.jpg

Default Re: Alenquer Red (Wild) x Curipera cross (Domestic)

Curipera cross(Male) in the pair is the same one I raised artificially, you can see this thread - http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...me)&highlight=

Registered Member

Nice! Are you living in USA, Sanjay? I recently crosses a Red Alenquer with an Ica Red, a Red Alenquer with a Heckle bar. Neither were wild.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Nice! Are you living in USA, Sanjay? I recently crosses a Red Alenquer with an Ica Red, a Red Alenquer with a Heckle bar. Neither were wild.
    Yes! I'm in Utah.

That's a nice cross! how old are the fry now ?

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Nice Sanjay. I remember your success artificially raising fry. Super satisfying to now have a stunning 2nd gen cross from your efforts. The wild red male is beautiful & the fry from these 2 will be stunning. Keep us posted on their progress!
    Last edited by danotaylor; 07-28-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Real Name
    Brendan

Beautiful fish there! Man, I gotta get my hands on some wilds....
    21 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    Yes! I'm in Utah.

That's a nice cross! how old are the fry now ?
    Those are really appealing fish, Sanjay. Yes, I liked that Red Alenquer/Ica Red
    cross. But both times they spawned I wiped out the fry because the male was hammering the female so severely I stopped the process in order to give her a rest. Then I took the male out and replace him with another male. A Blue Alenquer this time. He does not like her so farbut maybe they both need to get used to one another. I will be interested to learn if any of the fry develop the Heckel bars. It is not too uncommon for an Alenquer cross to produce several next generation fish that have the Heckel bars. Or Ica Reds, as they are called.

It would take 12 hrs 30 min to travel from Western Washing to SLC. 900 miles. So if we could ever worked out maybe you drive half way for 6 hrs and me 6hs we make a swap and go on about our individual businesses. The distance from where I live to SLC is the same as it is to SF. And I drove there and back once to get fish from Master Chan at Fairly Lake Discus.
    Last edited by peewee1; 07-28-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

Those are great looking fish Sanjay !
    The cross should have some beautiful fish .
    The reds are my favorite the halos are awesome .

I admire a man would drive so far for fish peewee !
    I make a 3 hour one way trip to a store in NJ a couple times a year if possible .
    Every time I go I always bring back something special !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Very nice Sanjay! I'm a big fan of the wild crosses. Have a Curipura x and a Red Heckel x from Kenny that are among my favorite fish. Yours are spectacular!

Mark

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Beautiful pair Sanjay and nice to have a wild female cooperate with you .
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Nice Sanjay. I remember your success artificially raising fry. Super satisfying to now have a stunning 2nd gen cross from your efforts. The wild red male is beautiful & the fry from these 2 will be stunning. Keep us posted on their progress!
    Thanks Daniel ! I'm so pumped to have my curipera cross continue to another generation and even better that it crossed with wild In a way I raised two generations of them already as I bought the first Curipera cross at 2.5" which is the mom for this fish in the video. Hopefully I have some fry with more Wild looking kind

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanJ23 View Post
    Beautiful fish there! Man, I gotta get my hands on some wilds....
    Thanks Brendan

Those are really appealing fish, Sanjay. Yes, I liked that Red Alenquer/Ica Red
    cross. But both times they spawned I wiped out the fry because the male was hammering the female so severely I stopped the process in order to give her a rest. Then I took the male out and replace him with another male. A Blue Alenquer this time. He does not like her so farbut maybe they both need to get used to one another. I will be interested to learn if any of the fry develop the Heckel bars. It is not too uncommon for an Alenquer cross to produce several next generation fish that have the Heckel bars. Or Ica Reds, as they are called.

It would take 12 hrs 30 min to travel from Western Washing to SLC. 900 miles. So if we could ever worked out maybe you drive half way for 6 hrs and me 6hs we make a swap and go on about our individual businesses. The distance from where I live to SLC is the same as it is to SF. And I drove there and back once to get fish from Master Chan at Fairly Lake Discus.
    Sorry to get back late here. Yes! when crossed with fish with a heckel, you will likely have some fry with heckel bar to them.

Not sure if I can make the drive anytime soon but thank you asking If you ever come down this way definitely let me know. I once drove to LA to pick fish from Al Castro lol but I had to tell my wife that I'm taking her to a vacation and happen to realize Al is in LA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    Those are great looking fish Sanjay !
    The cross should have some beautiful fish .
    The reds are my favorite the halos are awesome .

I admire a man would drive so far for fish peewee !
    I make a 3 hour one way trip to a store in NJ a couple times a year if possible .
    Every time I go I always bring back something special !
    Thank you Tom Black rams are on batch number 2 now lol

Quote Originally Posted by above design View Post
    Very nice Sanjay! I'm a big fan of the wild crosses. Have a Curipura x and a Red Heckel x from Kenny that are among my favorite fish. Yours are spectacular!

Mark
    Thank you Mark ! Would love to see your fish too. If they are from Kenny I'm sure they will look great

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Beautiful pair Sanjay and nice to have a wild female cooperate with you .
    Thank you Pat That female is actually not mine, it's Utah Discus. He wanted to me to see if I can breed this one with my Curipera cross and it took a while for them to pair up. Worth the wait now.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    Thanks Daniel ! I'm so pumped to have my curipera cross continue to another generation and even better that it crossed with wild In a way I raised two generations of them already as I bought the first Curipera cross at 2.5" which is the mom for this fish in the video. Hopefully I have some fry with more Wild looking kind

Thanks Brendan

Sorry to get back late here. Yes! when crossed with fish with a heckel, you will likely have some fry with heckel bar to them.

Not sure if I can make the drive anytime soon but thank you asking If you ever come down this way definitely let me know. I once drove to LA to pick fish from Al Castro lol but I had to tell my wife that I'm taking her to a vacation and happen to realize Al is in LA lol.

Thank you Tom Black rams are on batch number 2 now lol

Thank you Mark ! Would love to see your fish too. If they are from Kenny I'm sure they will look great
    Hey Sanjay!

Here are a couple of my wild crosses. I really like the Red Heckel x because it has so many different looks depending on its mood. The third fish in pic20200607_171303.jpg20200606_170419.jpg is a monster male altum flora x.

Mark

Registered Member

Mark, do you have or someday would you get another photo of the red heckel cross?

Mark, do you have or someday would you get another photo of the red heckel cross?
    Hey Peewee,

Here is a photo I just took when it's in more of a submissive state. Dont know if male/ female. I know you also like the wild crosses. Didn't you just get a ICA red? Really nice fish ��20200808_225518.jpg

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by above design View Post
    Hey Peewee,

Here is a photo I just took when it's in more of a submissive state. Dont know if male/ female. I know you also like the wild crosses. Didn't you just get a ICA red? Really nice fish ��20200808_225518.jpg
    That is a very nice Heckel. The female sometimes have the black halo on the fins where the male do not and are usually more colorful than the male. Ica Red is similar but has the 6th bar black as well. Otherwise they appear much the same. From the two photos I suspect this one is a male, however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast