AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for Telephoto Lens

Default Looking for Telephoto Lens

Hey all you camera geeks out there, I have a Canon EOS Rebel XTi camera and I'm looking for a telephoto lens for my camera. I've been looking on Amazon but i don't know what to look for. I want to be able to shoot close ups of nature, my fish from a distance to get better close ups. Nothing exorbitant amount , just something that would give me what I need also a nice macro feature. I don't know if I can find it by just looking at the different mm features on the telephoto lens. Any help would be appreciated thank you Jim in Ohio.............

Default Re: Looking for Telephoto Lens

Jimmy I would suggest looking at Sigma and Tamron lens, both are very good mfgs that have canon Mounts and they cost far less than canon lens. Whats your budget? and by nature shots are you thinking Birds or flower type shots?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Jimmy I would suggest looking at Sigma and Tamron lens, both are very good mfgs that have canon Mounts and they cost far less than canon lens. Whats your budget? and by nature shots are you thinking Birds or flower type shots?

al
    No real budget, just looking for a lens for taking the shots you are suggesting we have a lot of Hummers and some raptors I'd like to shoot. Brew what does that mfgs mean ?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoe View Post
    No real budget, just looking for a lens for taking the shots you are suggesting we have a lot of Hummers and some raptors I'd like to shoot. Brew what does that mfgs mean ?
    Hi Jimmy, Al's suggestion is a good one. I have a Sigma 150mm macro lens which I really like. Another option is to buy lens used. I have done that before. I know Canon has a 100-400mm lens which is fast and sharp. There are two generations of the lens with the newer one being better. If you want more focal length consider a tele-converter.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening