ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Quri Pura

Real Name
    Fritz

Default Quri Pura

6 inch Quri Pura my daughter just bought me. Spent an extra day in the box being shipped, poor bugger. Will upload better pictures after he gets rested and more comfortable.

quri pora.jpg
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Registered Member

Default Re: Quri Pura

Discus Madness claims them to be a "new strain" and also seems to be the only one to sell them. What a great gift from the youngin'.
    And a smart kid to figure that one out and then actually buy it. Not a cheap priced fish and then shipping on top. Maybe some updates over the next few months on this rare one?

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Discus Madness claims them to be a "new strain" and also seems to be the only one to sell them. What a great gift from the youngin'.
    And a smart kid to figure that one out and then actually buy it. Not a cheap priced fish and then shipping on top. Maybe some updates over the next few months on this rare one?
    Absolutely, I think colors etc will get better as he gets rested and some good food. My daughter is an aquarium girl also. We have some pretty rare fish. She seeks them out. Ill post some pics. Example: Blind Cave tetras. They carry their food around so they don't lose it. lol
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Tom

Nice on the rare discus .
    Did yours come from DiscusMadness ?
    Those who ship express[with a guarantee ] get full price back if they are late .
    You might enquire with your seller if you get shipping back for them being late ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    Nice on the rare discus .
    Did yours come from DiscusMadness ?
    Those who ship express[with a guarantee ] get full price back if they are late .
    You might enquire with your seller if you get shipping back for them being late ...
    Yes we did, they are giving her store credit or free shipping (her request). They have a 5 day arrive alive guarantee. We sent pictures etc. Very prompt reply. He seems to be fine now. Glad he is.
    Last edited by famtsberg; 08-06-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Registered Member

How was the Quri Pura breed? It appears to be a brown do you know its linage?

Real Name
    Fritz

How was the Quri Pura breed? It appears to be a brown do you know its linage?
    It is actually orange/red. That picture kinda sucks. Need to get some new ones. I'm not sure of its lineage. We named him Eric the Red. He's eating good now, give him a few days to get his colors really going and get a new picture.

Yes my daughter bought him from Discus madness

Real Name
    Fritz

Here is a newer picture. He's a happy guy now. Bright orange with the blue streaks. My camera kinda sucks, need to get a better one for taking pictures of my tanks.

Eric the Red.jpg

Registered Member

Fabulous fish, Fritz. Very much like a Red Alenquer.

Real Name
    Fritz

Fabulous fish, Fritz. Very much like a Red Alenquer.
    Thank you Sir, think id like to get a Yellow Pideon Blood or Marlboro mate. Babies would be amazing I think.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Fritz if you cross a pigeon blood discus to a non-pigeon blood like yours the resulting fry would have peppering ++ and for the most part be undesirable.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

That is a nice looking fish, I received three discus from Discusmadness a couple of weeks ago and I did not see that fish offered. I see it now that I searched for it, again nice discus.
    Last edited by dornblaser; 09-03-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Registered Member

From Wiki Quri (Quechua for gold,[2] Hispanica spelling Curi) is a mountain in the Cusco Region in Peru, about 4,200 meters (13,780 ft) high. It is situated in the Quispicanchi Province, Quiquijana District. The mountain lies at the confluence of the Willkanuta River and its right tributary Uchuymayu (Quechua for "little river") in Quiquijana. This suggests the name location or inspirational name of the fish, a wild or wild cross. We could debate this for a while but the fact remains the Fritz's fish if a beauty and special because it is a gift from family.