ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I need help 4 of diiscus have this spot in the fin and tail

Registered Member

Default I need help 4 of diiscus have this spot in the fin and tail

Hi I'm new to the discus I start on July 17 with 5 (3 leopard and 2 piegon) in a 30 gallon them, I go a deal in a venezia 350 I was looking for a long time for a corner tank for a go price, when I got the tank i let run for a week with existing media and I the first 5 them I buy 5 more ( 2 brilliant turquoise and 3 pigeon) from the same breeder I acclimate and put in the new tank because I sold the 30 gallon. I also have 3 brithgnouse plecos

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?
    The problems starts 2 days after I put the new fishs that was 7 days ago, I have my temp 27~28 I raised to 29~30 next day 2 more have the problem at this point is only hapend the leopard, yesterday I saw one of the first piegon have but today don't have any

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills,*white/yellow/green poop, hiding,*headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus,*blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).
    Other than this spot nothing,They eating and are very actived

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.
    3 days ago I put 1 table spoon per 10 gallon

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    The tank is 350 litres

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
    30~40 every other day

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?
    Is sand and eco complete the tank is new but the canister and the media is 2 years

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
    I don't have the space to age water my tap is 7.8 and in the tank is 7.9

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?
    I used safe

9. Parameters and water source;
    Ph 7.8 tds 174 kh 5
    Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp __29~30_

- ph __7.9___

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __5__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water __x__

- RO water ____

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    5 new discus

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

I have a auto feeder that run 5 time a day small portion and I feed heard beef mix 2 time in the morning and 2 time in the night

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.
    https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/4s04M554bh8N
    Last edited by Afgp87; 08-17-2020 at 08:50 PM.