ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone help me identify my discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Can someone help me identify my discus

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    Thank you for all the food tips. I purchased them at 3" to 3-1/2", they are about 1/2" bigger now. So I am feeding 4 times a day, I rotate the food type. This is what I am feeding.
    Attachment 128771
    Try mixing a portion of all 6 into a container and then feed your fish with the blend. I do this to offer variety but also because some fish do not like the same food as others do. This way everyone is sure to get something to eat.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daphne Moon

I have been browsing the sponsors sites and decided to purchase a new assortment from Golden State Discus that fits what I am looking for. Thank you everyone for the helpful comments.

Real Name
    Francis

Do u have a spare quarantine tank....When introducing new stock after the quarantine period take one of your least favorite existing stock and add it to the QT tank...observe for the next 2 weeks...if there is no issues that develops in the QT, then you may try to mix the groups of fish.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Willie

I'd quarantine for a minimum of six weeks regardless of where the discus comes from. In your case, I'd be more concerned with your existing batch of fish.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daphne Moon

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Do u have a spare quarantine tank....When introducing new stock after the quarantine period take one of your least favorite existing stock and add it to the QT tank...observe for the next 2 weeks...if there is no issues that develops in the QT, then you may try to mix the groups of fish.
    I do have an extra tank, but at the recommendation of a forum member I decided not to keep the old fishes and have been able to rehome them. The new fish will be on their own with a few tetras.

Real Name
    Francis

Best to sterilize all yr tanks and equipments b4 yr new arrivals.....May want to do fishless cycle too.

Fishless cycle

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/...ss_cycle.shtml

Sterilizing Aquariums and Equipments

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/...rilizing.shtml
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    I do have an extra tank, but at the recommendation of a forum member I decided not to keep the old fishes and have been able to rehome them. The new fish will be on their own with a few tetras.
    Good decision. It's difficult to mix discus from multiple sources, especially when one of them doesn't care about their customers and is known to be unethical. You most definitely would have had issues down the road.

Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123