AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Water change regularity

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Default Re: Water change regularity

Tom I'm very envious you've the room to house so many tanks.
    My dream come true.

Are you in the habit of breeding discus?
    Love to know what drives your liking for this hobby, given you've many tanks.

Real Name
    Tom

Kerrie I’ve been keeping fish since I was a kid. I’ve had this many tanks before but not this big. This is the most volume of water I ever had. I kept discus for around 15yrs in the late 80s till 04. I had a glass 200g break on me and that kind of ended my big tanks for years. Also family and time. Started adding tanks again and got a 90 to put everything into. Well you know how that went. Just ended up with another tank . Got back into discus about a year ago. Was talking with a kid on another site who was keeping discus and I got back into them. My problem is I don’t do things slowly . I now have a lot to much going on. No I haven’t bred them yet. I do have 3 pair laying eggs. But by me there is no market for them. So too bred them will probably be a one time thing. Just to see how it goes.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Hey Tom, thanks for that insight, obviously the interest was there for you early on in life ...

I can appreciate the 'wanting' of bigger and more tanks as you come across different specimens you'd like to keep.
    It can become out of control quickly!

You've done well with your setup, do you have any tips on encouraging the breeding process ?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Kusuri Wormer Plus is a Flubendazole-based medication, effective for use against Gill Flukes, Body Flukes, Parasites, Intestinal Helminths (including Tapeworm, Nematodes- "Roundworms", Planaria- "Flatworms", Capillaria, Camallanus Nematodes, Metacercaria, Sanguinicola) and Intestinal Protozoa. It is also an effectve in eradicating pest snails from your tank.

(www.sydneydiscusworld.com)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234