AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water change regularity

Real Name
    Brendan

Default Re: Water change regularity

Quote Originally Posted by kerrie6703 View Post
    what do you consider to be a bad discus Willie?

I imagine people have all sorts of 'agendas' when it comes to this hobby.

I'm happy to keep my babies happy in their environment and to reach a sizeable age, relative of course.

I guess some 'hobbyists' may be driven more by ego .. bit like cars and engines with some people ... the bigger and grunt'ier the engine .... blah blah
    He wants big, round, perfectly formed discus.
    21 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

hmm, apparently.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

I purchased some worming meds 'Kusuri' online a couple of weeks ago, to be delivered via courier, from Living Reef QLD.
    Have been really pissed off since, that a couple of weeks later I still havent' rec'd my order.

The issue seems to be with the courier company chosen by Living Reed Aqua.... have rung them in the meantime and they put the onus on the courier co.

Was just wondering Brendan, if you had any issues with deliveries from Living Reef?

Real Name
    Brendan

No issues with deliveries, but I’ve only had dry food delivered from them once.

I’m not sure where you’re going with agendas thing?
    21 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Francis

Just curious you bought Kusuri(UK) dewormer which one.......

Kusuri Fluke M active ingredient Flubendazole

Kusuri Fluke S active ingredient Praziquantel

* Anchor worms(copepod)...... Flubendazole
    Tapeworm(cestodes)......praziquantel
    Round worms(nematodes).....levamisole.
    Hexamita (not a worm but a parasitic flagellate) - metronidazole

Quote Originally Posted by kerrie6703 View Post
    I purchased some worming meds 'Kusuri' online a couple of weeks ago, to be delivered via courier, from Living Reef QLD.
    Have been really pissed off since, that a couple of weeks later I still havent' rec'd my order.

The issue seems to be with the courier company chosen by Living Reed Aqua.... have rung them in the meantime and they put the onus on the courier co.

Was just wondering Brendan, if you had any issues with deliveries from Living Reef?
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

no 'agenda' Brendan. was simply asking if you'd had any issues with delivery when ordering online from this company. simple.

thanks.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Kusuri Wormer Plus - Aquatic wormer, Fluke and Parasite killer 20g
    Last edited by kerrie6703; 09-06-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Real Name
    Brendan

Not regarding that, you mentioned about people in the hobby with agendas. That’s what I was referring to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

bloody hell, I don't know ! will let you know once I receive the prouct (If I ever do! )

Kusuri Wormer Plus - Aquatic wormer, Fluke and Parasite killer 20g (flubendazole is the active ingredient)

As I understand it, praziquental is available here @ Blue Planet product

Levamisole is a little trickier to obtain - will need to source (online) a stock feed etc supplier

PS having said all that, I will contact my local aquarium supplier tomorrow & ask the whereabouts of the levamisol.
    Last edited by kerrie6703; 09-06-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

oh yeah, sure. I was commenting on another person's post. It came across as somewhat egotistical, IMO.

I added the comment that reflects that the hobby can have all sorts of people involved, for all different reasons. Period. And simple.

Thanks Brendan.

Real Name
    Tom

Kerrie my tanks ph is around 7 as is my tap. I live outside NYC and use NY water. So no need for RO. Also I rarely test my water. When your changing this much water there is not much reason to check.
    I’m on a much different agenda. My tanks are planted. I grew my discus out in a planted tank . What’s great here is the ways to grow them big are here for us to read if we ever want to try.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

this is reassuring to read, thanks Tom.
    I've often wondered about the RO water philosophy .. I do check the PH randomnly now (used to do it all time)

and yup, various agendas would exist in this hobby no doubt. just a simple statement and observation.

my tank is planted also, though not heavily .. just amazon sword.

Tom what do you have planted, and in what temp?

Real Name
    Tom

My temp is 85 here’s a list of what’s grown in there.9FD3BE80-6AF5-4032-94C4-7F7C26B75292.jpg and here’s a pick of my 125 .648EB676-C56E-4FBB-BB8F-562EB7F76765.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

that looks awesome Tom! luvin' all the plant life & the amount of fish in that tank .. is this a maintained community tank or will you be moving some of them on ? I'm wondering how the pleco goes with the temp, and I see what appears to be a black neon ? how do they cope with big fish that will at some stage want to eat them ?

love your cabinet as well, it looks great. I see part of a 2nd tank just off to the side - I sooo wish I had the room to do more.
    I have one 180L discus only (3) and a much smaller 60L tropical community tank [ 1x peppermint bristlenose (F) & a various tetras and 1x siamese fighter fish (F) ]

I have a similar light which sits atop my discus tank .. pain in the arse when it comes w/c time. Ideally i'd love to hang one from the ceiling.

Tom thanks so much for sharing a peek into your hobby

Real Name
    Tom

The pleco does fine. No neons in that tank. There are some rams,an SAE,Cory’s and ottos an 13 discus. Yes there are other tanks .A049DFFD-1642-4DD5-9BFB-190E7224C842.jpgF03457F2-7300-4627-AC5E-9487CD8F61B7.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast