AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: worming discus + other tropicals

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Default worming discus + other tropicals

.. alternative to Levamisole & Praziquental ?

KUSURI WORMER PLUS 5G
    $49.95
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    KUSURI WORMER PLUS 5g

KUSURI WORMER PLUS 5G - TREATS UP TO 2273 LITRES
    Kusuri Wormer Plus is a Flubendazole-based medication, effective for use against Gill Flukes, Body Flukes, Parasites, Intestinal Helminths (including Tapeworm, Nematodes- "Roundworms", Planaria- "Flatworms", Capillaria, Camallanus Nematodes, Metacercaria, Sanguinicola) and Intestinal Protozoa. It is also an effectve in eradicating pest snails from your tank.

We highly recommend to treat Discus and other aquarium fish once a month with the Dewormer, Wormer Plus as a precautionary measure, for trouble-free fish keeping.

We treat all of our fish in our store with this amazing product to ensure that our stock is in optimum health and condition.

In their natural habitat, fish live in systems where the water is constantly recycled and replenished. In an aquarium, unwanted toxins and parasites can accumulate, despite the presence of adequate filtration.

Because of this enclosed environment, fish may start to show signs of ill-health if they fish become stressed or bullied, resulting in their natural immunity being compromised. Low immunity levels often mean that worms, parasites or infections can take hold. A clear indication of a worm issue is if the fish tends to hide in a corner, is wafer thin, Dull/dark in colour, and refusing to eat. Even if they do eat, they appear to lose weight. They will also appear to have "pinched in" eyes.

If fish are suffering from a severe Nematode ("Roundworms") infection, these reddish-brown worms may be seen protruding from the anus. Nematodes can be found in the digestive system, swim bladder and body cavity.

Kusuri Wormer Plus will eradicate Discus and Aquarium Fish of a range of worms and parasites and will kill any worms/parasites which reside in your tank, before they get a chance to attack.

We worm our dogs and cats on a regular basis. Your Discus and other prized aquarium fish should not be any different. De-worm and prevent nasty parasites from taking hold with Kusuri Wormer Plus, the world's number one Fish and Discus Dewormer.

Flubendazole is the effective main active ingredient, & works differently to other Fluke treatments by gently starving the parasite; making this product perfectly safe for regular usage. Naturally sourced Calcium Carbonate is blended in & acts as a gentle booster and ‘pick me up’ after the pests are killed. A minuscule amount of Natural Calcium carbonate (0.01g) is blended with the Flubendazole to adjust a very slight drop in pH from adding the Flubendazole. This cleverly balances out this medication making very little (if any) difference to PH when using wormer plus.

FEATURES:

Full instructions on the back of packet
    Can be used with other aquarium medications
    Will not interfere with your biological filter
    Wormer Plus can be used at any temperature and will not harm plants.
    100% safe to use on all tropical fish including puffer fish and free-swimming fry from one week old.
    A handy 30UK Gallon measuring scoop is supplied in every packet, simplifying dosing
    Will not raise your pH
    Works in unison with your UV sterilizer (just remove any activated carbon for full effect)
    Marketed with the small animal exemption scheme, legal, and passed with risk phrases and safety phrases.
    DOSAGE:

Treat once a month
    Using a food-grade container, add 0.3g (using the 30UK Gallon measuring scoop included), per 30 gallons (114 Litres) of Aquarium water. Affix a tight-fitting lid to container and shake well to mix to dissolve the medication. Add to aquarium gradually over a one minute period.
    This is designed as a one-off treatment, but may require a second dose after 4 days in heavy infestations, or if using to cure gill flukes.

CAUTION: This medication may kill snails. It is advised not to use this medication in tanks that contain rays, pet snails, insects, reptiles, Shrimps, or other invertebrates. Keep out of reach of children and pets.

PREVENTION: In order to avoid serious infestations of Nematodes, Planaria, Flukes etc, and we advise that you practice the following:

Perform proper tank maintenance and routine water changes
    Avoid overfeeding the fish
    Avoid adding live food, e.g. Live Bloodworm, plants and objects collected from natural sources, e.g. rivers
    Avoid overcrowding the tank with fish
    Remove all uneaten food from the tank, including under logs/driftwood to avoid bacterial blooms and water contamination
    Purchase quality live fish and plants only from reputable sources, who practice strict quarantine and hygiene procedures

sydneydiscusworld.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Default Re: worming discus + other tropicals

Gotta say I've noticed some discrepancy with the dosage (within the above site, citing the capacity for dosage, and the actual product literature)

I've just received Kusuri 'Wormer Plus' 20g .. it states "20g treats 2,000 UK gallons.

Doing the math ... quite a discrepancy.
    Last edited by kerrie6703; 09-10-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Real Name
    Francis

I deworm my new arrivals or clean up the breeding pair .

1 UK gallon to US gallon = 1.20095 US gallon

KUSURI WORMER PLUS 5G - TREATS UP TO 2273 LITRES =499 UK Gallons=599 US Gallons.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Yup, just recalculated .. all good !

Francis have you used this Kusuri product? Do you use an an 'all wormer' or a combo of products?

Real Name
    Francis

Just the old version Kusuri dewormer (Flubendazole) from Plymouth Discus back in 2009...These new products from Kusuri.....Kusuri Fluke S (Praziquantel) Kusuri Fluke M ( Flubendazole) .These active ingredients are available in bulk and sold in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrie6703 View Post
    Yup, just recalculated .. all good !

Francis have you used this Kusuri product? Do you use an an 'all wormer' or a combo of products?
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

Flubendazole doesn't eradicate anchor worm ?

I've been reading whatever I can (online) .. have seen it read that it covers flat, tapeworm, roundworm etc .. parasites, but no mention of anchor worms.

Can I ask why you choose to treat with Flubendazole .. are you treating because you suspect worms and a certain type, or is it a precautionary measure?

Real Name
    Willie

I found flubendazole-based medications to be generally safe even at 2X - 3X dosages to a broad spectrum of fish species and prefer it to something like praziquental. I do question its use as a preventative, especially if the discus were tank raised. The marketing hype aside, tank raised fish are not going to collect nematodes or other types of worms in an aquarium. Wild caught specimen are, of course, different.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

The tank bred certainly can become a host to all sorts of worms. My discus are a testament to that.
    I don't think its wise to be putting it out there that only wild discus could harbour worms.

I don't see the logic or certainty of safety in 2x & 3x recommended dosages either, unless recommended by a vet.

Real Name
    Willie

Where would these worms come from?
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kerrie

from outside sources, introduced into the tank. other fish, plants, live food.
    its hardly a stretch to consider something that is microscopic could get into the water column.