AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: American Aquariums

Registered Member

Default American Aquariums

Has anyone used them for acrylic tanks?
    I found them on ebay with a few positive reviews so I ordered a custom sized (36 inches high) and was promised to have it delivered in 8-10 weeks. It is now 13 weeks. I exchanged emails with them a month ago and they promised it the 1st or second week in September - Last week.

Now there is radio silence. I know its a sign of the times that people, after the sale, couldn't give a crap on following thru on their promises. Just looking to see if anyone has dealt with them.

Default Re: American Aquariums

To tell you the truth I never heard of them till now, I had to google them to bring up their web site. The tanks look out of my world to expensive, did you BBB them to see if their on their list. I think if your having a problem hoping you used a credit card to start all this. If you did stop payment, or describe your problems to them to see if they can help in some way. That's all I got hopefully someone else on here might be able to give you some better advice. Jim in Ohio

Real Name
    Tom

Never bought from them but have seen them on eBay. Yes expensive. But your looking for custom so you will pay. Vinnie had a problem with his custom acrylic too. They actually made him another after the first failed. I use clear for life acrylics.

Real Name
    Bill G.

I was very pleased buying from Joe (owner) at Glasscages.com in TN. I did not order an aquarium, but did order two custom sumps from them. Saw their shop and it was awesome. They did up tons of large aqauria in both glass and acrylic. PM me if you need Joe’s number. Hopefully you can remedy your other order first.

Registered Member

Actually, they are inexpensive for a custom sized acrylic all in one filtration with a custom stand included an shipping included and free shipping.

I’ve used glass cages but direct shipping is not offered. I had to drive to one if their pickup cities and rent a truck to lug it home