ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skittish discus!!

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Skittish discus!!

Peewee when you think Jets just think number one pick next draft!! Yeah!! That’s what we’re going for! Number one pick!! Same as last year! Hopefully they don’t mess it up again and start winning .

Real Name
    Tom

Well they are getting better. Still jump for no reason but eating and getting better. . Seems like they are also getting the food easier. But it may be something in my water. I have bought a bottle of prime and I’m now adding it to their water changes. Without they do act skittish. My Hans discus have no problems at all with water changes.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Nice Tom!!

Registered Member

They look nervious, try changing more water may help, with addition of Yellow Powder.

Cliff

Real Name
    Tom

Well I am changing 75% daily now and when tested all is good. No clue as to yellow power. Lol sounds like something bought outside the pet store and around the back.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Well I am changing 75% daily now and when tested all is good. No clue as to yellow power. Lol sounds like something bought outside the pet store and around the back.
    The yellow powder are furanase sold at LFS as furan2, nitro-furanase and furanase -green. The color of this medication will make the water yellowgreen. It is use widely by many Discus breeders.

Cliff

Real Name
    Jason

Do you age your well water? Had this issue years ago when I started keeping discus for the first time. Aging my water fixed the problem. Had to gas off a bit before going into the tank. Any other fish I ever kept was not bothered by it except for discus. I age water for all fish now.

Real Name
    Tom

Jason it’s definitely the water! Yes aging it may also work but the prime is doing the job. This is my third discus tank running and only these fish stress the water. Even my shrimp tanks have been fine.

Real Name
    Tom

Well I changed the filter in my under counter filter and all is good now. Filter was only 6 months old and good for 10k g. So either it didn’t hold up or I’m changing a lot of water. Went ahead and moved a German into the tank. My hero fish. So far so good .489978D2-EC27-4771-A905-10A1FBE0EEFD.jpgF6A3C0F9-AC0D-4417-86E9-95611DFFC4E8.jpgDBF9BB23-1ABD-4399-9445-D7AA40EBBE6D.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jay

My juvie discus took almost two months to stop being skittish. Your fish look awesome, I hope they settle down soon so you can enjoy them without having to worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12