AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy

Default Re: Crazy

Good suggestions. I would even go lower than 80. It must be close to 0 in the Amazon.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Sad news, both pairs ended up with all white eggs. This is a first for me. Talked to Cary S. and he gave me some pointers.
    Pat
    That's such a shame Pat, but it will just add to the excitement when things finally come together. Sometimes it happens quick and easy, and sometimes not. I'm sure you'll be exploring different options to make it work though. Good luck.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Good suggestions. I would even go lower than 80. It must be close to 0 in the Amazon.
    Thanks Liz, my theory in the Amazon is the TDS actually goes up with the rain. Think of all the stuff (including food) being washed into the water with the rain/flooding.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    That's such a shame Pat, but it will just add to the excitement when things finally come together. Sometimes it happens quick and easy, and sometimes not. I'm sure you'll be exploring different options to make it work though. Good luck.
    Thanks Joe, I will be trying Cary's suggest on the conductivity of 80 but will try rooibos tea in the water instead of Formaldehyde.
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

So I have two pairs fanning dead white eggs. It has been suggested to let the pair handle the cleaning of the cone. Any thoughts on that?
    Pat

Real Name
    Tom

So I have two pairs fanning dead white eggs. It has been suggested to let the pair handle the cleaning of the cone. Any thoughts on that?
    Pat
    Although not exactly the same there are studies that show filial cannibalism can increase the size and quality of the next spawn .
    Possibly eating the bad eggs could have some 'vaccinating quality' towards the next eggs if not just male error ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filial_cannibalism

I have always tried to have a positive view even under difficult circumstances in breeding ..
    My Dantum angels are putting me through the ringer ,but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel ?
    I just hope it doesn't burn out or get shut off before we get there !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    Although not exactly the same there are studies that show filial cannibalism can increase the size and quality of the next spawn .
    Possibly eating the bad eggs could have some 'vaccinating quality' towards the next eggs if not just male error ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filial_cannibalism

I have always tried to have a positive view even under difficult circumstances in breeding ..
    My Dantum angels are putting me through the ringer ,but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel ?
    I just hope it doesn't burn out or get shut off before we get there !
    No worries Tom and I have some good news. Both pairs kept their eggs until past hatching. The red eyed pair finally cleaned their cone. I expected the royal/red female to clean their cone today but they were still fanning their eggs (fourth day) and guess what. We have one wiggler amongst the white mess and I have video proof...

I have a pair with 3 free swimmers attached. I'd just net the kids out and flush them so the pair could try again, but my low fertility pair has maybe 35 wigglers that should free swim tomorrow. I'll just add the 3 to the pair with 35 once they attach.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I have a pair with 3 free swimmers attached. I'd just net the kids out and flush them so the pair could try again, but my low fertility pair has maybe 35 wigglers that should free swim tomorrow. I'll just add the 3 to the pair with 35 once they attach.
    I would do that too Liz if I had a choice. Hope the free swimming is a success.
    Pat

Real Name
    Tom

No worries Tom and I have some good news. Both pairs kept their eggs until past hatching. The red eyed pair finally cleaned their cone. I expected the royal/red female to clean their cone today but they were still fanning their eggs (fourth day) and guess what. We have one wiggler amongst the white mess and I have video proof...
    More then once eggs I thought were all bad that I just let 'keep going' for a couple days have yielded the random free swimmers .
    Rarely when people wish for success do they specify ' 100% success' . You got take what you get and move forward.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thats great news Pat! Now you know you have a fertile male, l'm sure thats a huge relief. Better luck with things to come
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    More then once eggs I thought were all bad that I just let 'keep going' for a couple days have yielded the random free swimmers .
    Rarely when people wish for success do they specify ' 100% success' . You got take what you get and move forward.
    Hi Tom, I will take the one wiggler. It tell me we are on the right track so yes, you are totally right "You got take what you get and move forward" Life is so much of a fun jouney
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Thats great news Pat! Now you know you have a fertile male, l'm sure thats a huge relief. Better luck with things to come
    Yes and thank you Joe, should just be better from here (crossing body parts)
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

So the royal and his red female spawned on one side of the tank and the red eyed pair spawned on the other side of the tank. Pics tomorrow.
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

and we have wigglers

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast