I am very excited and had to make this post to encourage anyone out there who might be trying to get their wilds to eat prepared food.
This was my 3rd attempt to get them to eat prepared food. They have been on FDBW and Bloodworms for last 6 months or so. While FDBW is a fantastic food, I wanted to get them to eat something else as well.

Last 2 times I think I was expecting them to just switch over but as we know, they don't owe us anything; maybe vice versa.
So, this time I played a little smart. I started soaking FDBW in vita chem + Garlic guard. And if you have tried this, you know how bad this combination can smell; bad enough for my wife to run out of the fishroom and bad enough that your fingers keep smellining that way unless you rub a lime on your fingers.

I did this for about a month or so. I *think* my discus started associating this smell/taste with food. I then incorporated these 2 ingredients in my prepared food.

My recipe was rather simple-
1 lb white shrimp
1/3 lb salmon (no artificial color)
1/3 lb mussells
3-4 baby carrots (steamed to almost mushy)
8-10 baby spinach leaves
half a banana
1/2 tsp spirulina
1/2 tsp astaxanthin
1 tsp vitachem
1 tsp Seachem Garlic guard.

I was also instructed by mentor to grind/blend everything until it was smooth as a smoothy. No particles should be felt when this paste was squeezed between thumb and index finger. Well, so I blended it until it was a smooth paste without any bumbs on the surface.
Put it in ziplock bags and in the freezer it went.

I didn't feed the fish for a day and a half. On the night of the second day, I tried it and about 30% fish ate it instantly. The next day the number grew to about 50% and that's where it stands. Today is the third day and I am hopeful that others will join today as well.
I do change water after feeding this since it kinda makes a mess. But they have been doing pretty good job of picking it from the bottom as well. I do a siphon anyway because I am afraid any unseen particle will raise the nitrates.

If anyone has any suggestions on this process, please share your suggestions. I would really appreciate it