ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Giving Away My Wild Discus

Registered Member

Default Giving Away My Wild Discus

I have three wild discus fish (1 blue face Heckel and 2 wild Greens purchased from Jack Wattley last year). They have been with me for more than 1.5 years and still live happily in a bare-bottom tank. I have never lost any wild discus probably due to all the knowledge learned from this website and knowledgeable fish vets.

Due to my study, I have to move to San Francisco from Columbus, Ohio. It is not feasible to bring the fish with me as I have to settle down first. Therefore, I would like to find my fish an experienced and responsible hobbyist (Free Fish for the Correct Person).

1. All three fish are about 5-6 inch.
    2. Those fish have been dewormed by Metro, Prazi and Levamisole HCL. When I first got the fish last year June, they underwent a 3-month quarantine.
    3. I have never ever fed them with live food. They eat homemade beef heart mixture only.
    4. I perform daily water change after feeding (35% water). My 40-gallon bare-bottom tank has a Tetra Pond UV (9W) and a 7W UV from a large canister filter.
    5. I do not see any issue for them to live in Columbus aged tap water which has ph=7.3 and TDS=200-300. However, I do believe that they will look gorgeous in soft acidic water.

In short, I care about my fish and hope to find them a safe and proper home. Please contact me for more info.

I really appreciate your help.
    IMG_1364.jpg
    2.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    1.jpg
    Last edited by WildDiscusHD; 10-12-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Giving Away My Wild Discus

Jim in Ohio reached out to you. He's experienced. I also suggested Bud Smith near Lima OH. No go with either of these experienced discus keepers??

Registered Member

Have you found a home for your discus?

Quote Originally Posted by WildDiscusHD View Post
    I have three wild discus fish (1 blue face Heckel and 2 wild Greens purchased from Jack Wattley last year). They have been with me for more than 1.5 years and still live happily in a bare-bottom tank. I have never lost any wild discus probably due to all the knowledge learned from this website and knowledgeable fish vets.

Due to my study, I have to move to San Francisco from Columbus, Ohio. It is not feasible to bring the fish with me as I have to settle down first. Therefore, I would like to find my fish an experienced and responsible hobbyist (Free Fish for the Correct Person).

1. All three fish are about 5-6 inch.
    2. Those fish have been dewormed by Metro, Prazi and Levamisole HCL. When I first got the fish last year June, they underwent a 3-month quarantine.
    3. I have never ever fed them with live food. They eat homemade beef heart mixture only.
    4. I perform daily water change after feeding (35% water). My 40-gallon bare-bottom tank has a Tetra Pond UV (9W) and a 7W UV from a large canister filter.
    5. I do not see any issue for them to live in Columbus aged tap water which has ph=7.3 and TDS=200-300. However, I do believe that they will look gorgeous in soft acidic water.

In short, I care about my fish and hope to find them a safe and proper home. Please contact me for more info.

I really appreciate your help.
    IMG_1364.jpg
    2.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    1.jpg

Registered Member

Have you found a home for your discus?
    I live in Southern California and will pay for
    shipping.

Registered Member

sent pm interested if still available.

Just wanted to post that I was the pick of wannafish to take responsibility of his three wilds from Wattleys Discus. I have them in a 65 gallon with 2 of my wilds from John Kreatsoulas in Florida. I Had them in QT from the middle of November til now, didn't show any signs of sickness just one picky eater. That has since changed and are eating everything I can put in the tank. One problem though no matter how much they eat they still have a concave in the head area, other than that they are doing well. Pic's to follow Jim in Ohio

Eating and not getting fatter is a sign of worms. But it could be just that you haven't had them long enough for them to bulk up.
    Mama Bear

Gosh Liz, thanks for the reply I can't say your not right I just don't see anything in there waste to tell me they have a worm problem. The heckel in the tank seems fine, one of the greens was told to me by the wannafish giver as a picky eater. Wannafish was hand feeding the fish, well that fish is not picky anymore. I'm feeding them three times a day now, you think I should up it? Jim in Ohio