AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: New 55

Real Name
    Fritz

Default New 55

New 55, finally done cycling. Got a new friend for my Quri Pura, He is a lot more curious than he was.

new 55 fish.jpg

Jack Wattley Rafflesia purchased from his Texas Distributer, she lives about 80 miles from me.

rafellsia.jpg
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: New 55

Nice Curipera cross. Lovely looking tank as well.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Tom

Good looking tank and discus Fritz! Now we need a pic of the whole tank .

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Good looking tank and discus Fritz! Now we need a pic of the whole tank .
    pair55.jpg

Moved some fish around and got a new pair. They have been prepping that central plant for a couple days. Tank has Lemon Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Buenos Aires Tetras, and a few danios. Has a bottom clean up crew and about 15 assassin snails to deal with the snail infestation.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Tank looks good Fritz
    What strain is the other discus in the pair? I see a pigeon blood type but cannot see the other fish clearly enough to know what it is...

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Tank looks good Fritz
    What strain is the other discus in the pair? I see a pigeon blood type but cannot see the other fish clearly enough to know what it is...
    Quri Pura Hes about 6.5 inches. This is him about 8 weeks ago.

Eric the Red.jpg

Real Name
    Fritz

Here we go.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Fritz my intention is not to discourage you, but the genetics of crossing a PB with a wild type or non-PB domestic usually results in a high percentage of very peppered offspring. With the time and effort required to grow out discus fry successfully it's not worth the hassle. If you're intentions are to practice and just experience this part of discus keeping then by all means have at er, but selling the fry would be difficult, and then you have to decide what you're going to do with them. All the best to you sir!

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Fritz my intention is not to discourage you, but the genetics of crossing a PB with a wild type or non-PB domestic usually results in a high percentage of very peppered offspring. With the time and effort required to grow out discus fry successfully it's not worth the hassle. If you're intentions are to practice and just experience this part of discus keeping then by all means have at er, but selling the fry would be difficult, and then you have to decide what you're going to do with them. All the best to you sir!
    Noted, thanks