AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Help me , Hoping for a Good hatch But Not !!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Default Help me , Hoping for a Good hatch But Not !!!

Hi guys , hope you all r fine & doing great ….. this thread I am writing while I am so upset/sad , as in my previous posts I show you guys the eggs of my discus & asked what happened to those now I will share my whole experience with you guys so nothing will be missed . & ill know where I am doing mistake .
    I have a discus pair actually 2 pairs (maybe), I raised them from 2.5 to +5 inches they are healthy , active & eating well . One of my pair laid eggs 2 or 3 times before but unfortunately I don’t have proper water for them to hatch, before I have +650 Tds ,but now after RO system installed the water is now 70 in breeder tanks & 112 in main tank where discus laid eggs 40 hours before. In the main tank while I was maintaining the water to 70 TDS , this pair laid eggs so after completing their eggs laying process I shift the (breeding tube) eggs to the breeder 18” cube tank where TDS is on 70 , last night I shifted & eggs looks ok only 1 or 2 are solid white , but now I checked & almost 60-70% eggs are solid white …. I don’t have experience in breeding so I am asking you as you are much much more experienced breeders that where I am doing mistake or what is missing in this …. I always read from this site very good info about Discus …. So please let me know what is the problem or cause of this …. I focus on lowering TDS not PH as much experienced user says here also that for breeding… PH value not important but it must be stable & TDS should be around 70 domestic discus .
    My discus not laying eggs in breeder tank, always they laid in main tank … is this tds which was around 112 while they were laying eggs in main tank OR this is bcuz I shifted them in seconds from 112 to 70 TDs. So please guys help me in this …. & also refer me a good article or video if u know which show the whole things in details BUT I much relying on your replies as you are experienced in breeding discus …
    How you guys get a very good hatch ?
    What I should do for a successful & high hatch rate ?
    What I did wrong in the breeding ?
    If you need more info to find the problem just let me know ….
    Thanks for your time guys …
    I am desperately waiting your replies.
    Regards

Registered Member

Default Re: Help me , Hoping for a Good hatch But Not !!!

I do the one hour method, remove egg one hour after spawning 120 to below 70, remove the eggs again one hour before hatching. The percentage is usually only
    a 10 percentage, but I do this only for the
    more expensive Discus. In your case you still
    hatch out the egg in the main or breeding tank at 112. As for the male most likely fertilization is inconsistent.

Cliff

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Default Re: Help me , Hoping for a Good hatch But Not !!!

Thanks for reply cliff , atleast one reply i got . I guess no breeder wanna share their secrets ...
    So cliff you are saying that no need to shift from main (112 tds) to breeder or breeder to main ... or if i wanna shift ... then wait atleast 1 hour ... But what was the main reason in my case that eggs not hatching . From a pair i just seen once only 1 or 2 wriggler . I want to know the reasons .... do you think its maybe temprature differnce or something else ... next time ill follow your advice to not to shift them or if shifting is necessary i need to wait atleast 1 hour. Right ... !

Thanks cliff
    Still waiting more valuable replies from experts
    Regards