Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: poret foam

Try Swiss Tropical for poret foams.

http://www.swisstropicals.com/filtration-shop/
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Yep. And don't freak out about the price. Remember, the long run it's cheaper because you don't stop using it!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Bud Smith

As Francis suggested SwissTropicals is the best I have had for my corner matten filters in my tanks. I use the 30ppi. I have used other foam from Ebay and Amazon and it does not compare with SwissTropicals.
    Bud

Registered Member

Really? Foam is a foam. It should not be big difference.

Real Name
    Francis

FYI...... Poret® was specifically developed for biological water filtration in fresh- and saltwater as well as pond filters. As such it is free of any plasticizers (softeners), pesticides or fire retardant, which are used in most standard foams. Poret® allows the all important filter bacteria to flourish because it does not inhibit the formation of the microbial community known as biofilm. Poret® is much stronger (high compression and tear strengths) than reticulated foams to retain its shape and stay in place.

Quote Originally Posted by pablos View Post
    Really? Foam is a foam. It should not be big difference.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

You would be amazed how many different types of foams are out there. In other words, foam is not just foam

Real Name
    Tom

I am a Swiss Tropical fan also .I even use it as a tank divider when I want .
    It really does have good body and last much longer then other 'aquarium sponges ' .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Once upon a time I killed a bunch of baby Discus that were very precious to me because they were a gift from Al. Once I used a cheap foam that I thought would work but it contained toxins that were released into the water very quickly. Out of 12 fish I lost all but 3. I was right there in the fish room and it was so fast that I didn't see it until it was almost too late. It broke my heart. The Ebay and Amazon Poret knock work but they are not nearly as durable and I don't think they do as good a job. I have a couple in shrimp tanks. I wouldn't go with anything other that the Poret from Swiss Tropicals for any fish as important as Discus.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I have a stroke and my mind does work do well. I did go to the site was very confused. There are so many 30 foams sheet. I have a 150 gal. planted tank. I have 2 filters on the tank any help would be help. Thanks Ed

I was overwhelmed when I first went there with the intension of buying. All the info really is on their pages if you have a clue what you want and need. After a couple of orders I started to figure out where my question would be answered. Before that happened I emailed the guy and told him what I had and asked him what I needed. I bet most all new buyers have to do that. Either that or I'm not too bright.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Frank

Just email them and tell them what you want. They will assist you. They are great to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by tacks View Post
    I have a stroke and my mind does work do well. I did go to the site was very confused. There are so many 30 foams sheet. I have a 150 gal. planted tank. I have 2 filters on the tank any help would be help. Thanks Ed

Quote Originally Posted by fljones3 View Post
    Just email them and tell them what you want. They will assist you. They are great to work with!
    I have it in my sump and it works really well. Just email them with the dimensions of your sump and they will tell you exactly what they recommend and will even cut it for you if I remember correctly. It is a really good product.

Mark

Real Name
    Ricardo

I had the SwissTropical foam in my sump for quite a long time. The day I drained the tank I took out all the foam and although it was super dirty, it felt like it was brand new. I know it seems silly to get worked up about foam, but theirs is really good and no need to go anywhere else. It is a one time buy type of thing.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

If you are saying it’s so goo I maybe try it then in my sump. I have there socks, k1 moving bad media and a place for 4" foam.
    Are you using 30ppi ? Would you choose 4" 30ppi or 2" 30ppi and 2" 45ppi? Or 45 is too fine and might clog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast