Dennis Discus     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sonora Desert Fish Nook (mini fishroom)

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

Default Re: Sonora Desert Fish Nook (mini fishroom)

Thank you Liz.

My wife is good. She definitely is feeling better. I would say this morning is the best that I have felt in 15 days, so that's good.

Yesterday evening we went for a nice walk with the dogs on an abandoned golf course, so it was nice to get out of the house. Then we ordered a takeout pizza, where we paid on line, and then had them set it on top of the roof of our car so that it was totally contactless. Small comforts. LOL.

I would describe my wife as completely bored and just ready to be over this!
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Peter, I admire all that you can do and figure out how to do so beautifully.
    I try to make things look neat and like they belong out of respect for my wife. She works hard to keep a nice, clean, comfortable home and I don't want my projects to detract from that. Even when something is under construction, I try to wipe down, sweep up, tidy up, put things away, etc... It takes discipline, because I am cursed with this drive to constantly take on projects just because I want to learn something new and because I can... However, that can get out of hand and disorderly really fast. I'm so much better than when I was a younger man (total house remodels, too many car builds, etc...). I shutter to recall how many irons in the fire that I used to keep and the stress that caused my wife!
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 12-01-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Peter

learning never stops

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

This is a Static Fill test of the Sump with both Chambers connected together. 100% pure R.O. Water. I thought I had a True Union to fit between them, but I've misplaced it. I'm joining them together with 1" hose at the moment. Don't like being unable to isolate them from one another with a valve, so I have a true union on order and will replace this temporary hose arrangement. I can isolate every tank and divert the output of the Sump pump to the drain if I want to quickly drain it should I detect a leak and need to affect a repair.

SumpTestStaticFillBothChambers.jpg

I'll let this sit today and slowly bring each of the four display tanks on line, one at a time, over the next few days.

Still more work to do.
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; Yesterday at 04:28 PM. Reason: changed a word... had it frased wrong.
    Peter

learning never stops

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234