AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Help not eating month and half white poop fish

Registered Member

Unhappy Help not eating month and half white poop fish

Hello everyone, im from brazil. Have a fish not eating since september 1st.

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?
    Not eating since September 1, white long string pooping, had becoming sick, thin.

2 .Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

White poop, not pooped anymore, not eating, after all the treatments now she swimming very low, haid/tailstanding on bottom of the tank

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.
    All of you can imagine, started Metronidazol 10mg/L 1x/day associated with Epsom Salt for about 15 days with 40% WC daily, doesent help so started to make 10mg/L 12/12 hours with 40%wc 2 times a day for more 7 days, on September 15 he eat some Heartbeef, that is the last time he eated. On October 1st he started to tailstanding on the bottom of aquarium, stopped swimming, so i stoped Flagyl thinking he was intoxicated. Give Started Prazipro on October 8 with the reccomended dosage on the bottle. On october 3 he popped a very long white poop, so i started Flagyl again, he is not eating since September 15. On October 20 i made a Levamisole dose following the forum instructions, remaining for 24 hours witch a 90% WC other dayu. I continue to giving him Metronidazole 10mg/L 12/12h since that, about a 3 days ago i started to give him food with a syringe containing food and metronidazole, but nothing seem to work, now he is swimming with difficulty, tailstanding at the bottom, made a unique white poop yesterday.

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    Hospital Tank 12 gallons, 1 10centimeter fish, only with a compressor and a empty hang-on to aeration.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
    At least 40% every day

6.How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?
    Since September 4, Bare Bottom.

7.Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
    Tap water treated with Prime + Discus Buffer

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?
    Seachem Prime + Seachem Discus Buffer, aging barrel but dont want much time using as recommended on the bottle

9. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp 33ºC

- ph 5.5

- ammonia reading 0
    - nitrite reading 0
    - nitrate reading 0

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water 0

- municipal water 100%

- RO water 0

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    NO

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.
    Used to feed with fried bloodworms, stopped since the disease appeared, now feed only with pet food and heartbeef homemade food with vitamines garlic.

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Default Re: Help not eating month and half white poop fish

https://imgur.com/a/H03zXgB

A september 12 poop video

Registered Member

Default Re: Help not eating month and half white poop fish

I would stop giving it any more medication for the time being. The temperature alone of 33c kills many protozoans including hexamita. Fish poop white when they're stressed too, it's not a sure indication of parasites.

Your pH of 5.5 is unusual, I've never seen anyone keep discus at that pH. Is that the same as your main tank? I'd try and make sure that pH is correct, most fish will melt at that pH.

You mentioned the use of Epsom salts. That's a laxative used to cure bloat. Do a water change, and then use regular aquarium salt (NOT table salt, just pure NaCl).

Also, provide places for your fish to hide on. Let it be hidden for as long as it wants. Keep movement around the tank to a minimum.