ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Scare

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Covid Scare

At work tonight doing what I love to do...caring for sick people rain, hail or shine...
    PXL_20201121_031902132.jpg

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

My deepest thanks and gratitude to you Danny and all the Drs. and Nurses who are on the front-line during this pandemic. I do not "get" why people think this virus is a hoax or/and why people refuse to wear masks and following the guidelines. It is such a simple thing.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

One thing that might be a way to help in the coming months When the vaccine roll out starts it is going to be a massive undertaking - beyond your imagination.
    Ask your local pharmacist if there is any way you can volunteer to help vaccinate people. There will be many opportunities - signing people in, directing traffic, etc. The pharmacists nand the doctors office simply will not have the personnel. My wife and I have already volunteered at the local CVS. I guarantee that it will warm your heart.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

In February I was really sick with Influenza A, Acute Bronchitis, and Asthma. It took me two months to fully recover from the Bronchitis. In May I started to get really sick and my immunologist told me to get tested and the nurse who did the test told me to go straight to the ER. The test came back negative. For the next 10 days my wife and separated by floors, and I was sick as a dog with all of the symptoms. Finally, I went to the ER where I tested negative again but was sent to the COVID ICU isolation floor where the hospital's infectious disease doctor said that I was classic COVID and he wanted me on an experimental drug but he couldn't give it to me because I tested negative again. I was so sick, neither my wife nor I thought that I would leave the hospital alive. When the COVID symptoms went away I still had second pneumonia in my right lung and my middle lobe was blocked by a broncholith. I had a bronchoscope and they removed the broncholith and cleaned out the right lung with water, Google it. That was in May, I returned home in mid-June. I still have post-COVID symptoms. I was so very, very careful.

Unrelated, my sister in Florida, I am in the Chicago-area, prior to my getting sick had a neighbor find her unresponsive in her townhouse. She was ventilated in her COVID ICU for a long time, when she came off of her ventilator and was transferred out of the COVID ICU her kidneys failed and she had sepsis, COVID related, and was back in an ICU. She, like me, had multiple negative tests.

Most of the people that I know who have COVID have had mild symptoms. I don't think that the OP needs to panic but this is real and you need to follow your doctor's advice.

I have 6 fish tanks at the office and we didn't lose a single fish, well not a Discus, during that period. One of my employees did WCs, filter cleaning, etc. February through mid-June. He also accepted fish that I ordered, acclimated them, and not one was lost. It was a true pleasure when I finally went up to the tanks and the discus greeted me asking for treats.

Hunkering down with our discus is a wise and safe thing to do. Be Safe.
    Last edited by dornblaser; 11-22-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Post-Script: once I was out of the hospital and feeling better I did stop by the office once a week.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornblaser View Post
    In February I was really sick with Influenza A, Acute Bronchitis, and Asthma. It took me two months to fully recover from the Bronchitis. In May I started to get really sick and my immunologist told me to get tested and the nurse who did the test told me to go straight to the ER. The test came back negative. For the next 10 days my wife and separated by floors, and I was sick as a dog with all of the symptoms. Finally, I went to the ER where I tested negative again but was sent to the COVID ICU isolation floor where the hospital's infectious disease doctor said that I was classic COVID and he wanted me on an experimental drug but he couldn't give it to me because I tested negative again. I was so sick, neither my wife nor I thought that I would leave the hospital alive. When the COVID symptoms went away I still had second pneumonia in my right lung and my middle lobe was blocked by a broncholith. I had a bronchoscope and they removed the broncholith and cleaned out the right lung with water, Google it. That was in May, I returned home in mid-June. I still have post-COVID symptoms. I was so very, very careful.

Unrelated, my sister in Florida, I am in the Chicago-area, prior to my getting sick had a neighbor find her unresponsive in her townhouse. She was ventilated in her COVID ICU for a long time, when she came off of her ventilator and was transferred out of the COVID ICU her kidneys failed and she had sepsis, COVID related, and was back in an ICU. She, like me, had multiple negative tests.

Most of the people that I know who have COVID have had mild symptoms. I don't think that the OP needs to panic but this is real and you need to follow your doctor's advice.

I have 6 fish tanks at the office and we didn't lose a single fish, well not a Discus, during that period. One of my employees did WCs, filter cleaning, etc. February through mid-June. He also accepted fish that I ordered, acclimated them, and not one was lost. It was a true pleasure when I finally went up to the tanks and the discus greeted me asking for treats.

Hunkering down with our discus is a wise and safe thing to do. Be Safe.
    Once the employee became a discus keeper expert did he get his own fish?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Once the employee became a discus keeper expert did he get his own fish?
    He has one tank at home, they have a 2 month-year-old at home so he has his hands full for a while.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

David I am happy to hear you're on the back side of you're serious health crisis. What a challenging and scary few months you have had, and your sister as well. Is she recovering/recovered? Thoughts and prayers with you both mate

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    David I am happy to hear you're on the back side of you're serious health crisis. What a challenging and scary few months you have had, and your sister as well. Is she recovering/recovered? Thoughts and prayers with you both mate
    Thanks, my sister still is recovering, it will take her awhile.

Registered Member

I am so glad you shared this story. Seems like this post covid syndrome (on 60 Minutes last night) is seriously effecting young, asymptomatic patients.
    You're story made me feel even better about canceling our Thanksgiving and Christmas family gatherings.Thanks

Registered Member

Thanks for sharing, it is indeed scary but we need to cope and health each other so we can go through this easily! Thanks!

Real Name
    Shan

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    At work tonight doing what I love to do...caring for sick people rain, hail or shine...
    PXL_20201121_031902132.jpg
    Lookin good Danny boi
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Registered Member

marijuana is the best relief or cure for Covid anxiety and depression IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12